Capgemini plays key role in transition to new strategic IT platform, built around automated, cloud-based Oracle technologies and solutions, as airport retains its post-pandemic expansion plans
Client: Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport wanted to transform its IT capabilities in order to enable the full value of its huge expansion plans to be realised.
Capgemini supported Heathrow to deliver the Magenta Programme, a new strategic platform and integrated IT ecosystem built around automated, cloud-based Oracle technologies and solutions.
This was the largest business transformation in Heathrow’s 75-year history, delivering:
- Modern, secure, fully integrated IT, fit for Heathrow’s challenges today and in the post-pandemic future
- Multiple productivity and efficiency gains, through automation
- Substantial cost savings from the decommissioning of legacy infrastructure and systems
- A transformed user experience
- Elimination of slow, labour-intensive manual tasks
- An exemplar project of agile, collaborative remote team working, completing thousands of lines of activity during COVID-19 lockdowns.