With UK defence spending under constant scrutiny, the Ministry of Defence’s (MoD) Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) organisation is constantly looking for new and innovative ways to improve efficiencies, cut costs, and maximise the value of its assets.
Developed in a strategic partnership with the Cabinet Office, Capgemini’s Robotic Process Automation (RPA) skills and experience, coupled with DE&S’s business change team and project delivery is replacing labour intensive manual tasks with robots working to defined business rules.
• 500 hours of human processing saved within 30 days
• Improved ability to define precise operational metrics
• Project annual savings of more than £500,000
• Identify diverse additional processes that can benefit from RPA
Impressive early results:
A limited application of the DE&S and Capgemini’s RPA solution – for just three days – enabled DE&S to:
• Save 28 hours of human processing time
• Confirm projected annual savings of more than £500,000
• Acquire fresh business intelligence to inform decision making
• Identify diverse additional processes that can benefit from RPA.
You can download the detailed success story by clicking below