The award was given in recognition to Celcom’s dedication to digital innovation through its transformation initiatives in partnership with Capgemini.
DX Gamechangers are organizations that have made breakthroughs in digital transformation to allow their business to compete in the emerging digital economy.
Through its partnership with Capgemini, Celcom revitalized its digital customer journey with the implementation of new front-end channels, platforms, and processes. Capgemini also supported a cultural change from within and streamlined new agile ways of working for Celcom.
By undergoing digital transformation, Celcom has successfully established itself as a true digital innovation leader in the Malaysian telecommunications market. The transformation initiatives have resulted in:
- 1.6 million new unique users for Celcom’s mobile applications
- A 91% increase in e-store activations in less than one year
- A 13% increase to its NPS satisfaction score
- An increase in online revenues of over 60%
- A 25% increase in operational efficiency by eliminating duplicated efforts
- A 45% year-on-year increase in story points delivered since the beginning of its cultural transformation journey
- Expected savings of approximately RM27 million over next five years.
For an in-depth discussion of Celcom’s digital transformation journey at the IDC DX Summit, watch the video below.
This conversation is hosted and moderated by:
- Hugh Ujihazy, Vice President, Internet of Things (IoT) and Telecommunications, IDC Asia-Pacific
- Randi Chiah, Head of Digital Business, Celcom Axiata Berhad
- Sumit Nurpuri, Chief Operating Officer in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong, Capgemini