- Domain expertise becomes less dependent on individuals as AI gradually does a more effective job.
- Highly automated (robotic systems) take over many routine human tasks.
- The next generation of social and collaboration tools will help to rapidly locate the internal and external people needed to resolve the challenge at hand.
- The skills people need will shift to information and personnel network management: it’s not about what they know, but how they think and the types of problems they can solve.
- Technology facilitates the connection of purpose and productivity, selecting work based on a desired impact.
- A global media and entertainment company changed the way that work shifts were allocated from fixed allocations to auctions and bids, based on personal preferences.
- A global fashion brand transformed the way connections were made and information shared between the employees of their stores and back-office.
- An internationally operating temporary employment agency used advanced analytics and cognitive natural language analysis to automatically and optimally match demand and supply around their pool of temporary workers; Capgemini is now using the same software for its own, internal purposes.
- Enabling the speed of innovation and creativity needed today to stay in touch with the digitally-savvy consumer and employee, becoming more competitive as a result
- New levels of productivity and engagement
- Higher levels of compensation and personal job satisfaction for employees through the freedom of selection
- Reduced cost of operations because larger businesses can operate using a smaller core operating model with a wider, more flexible network of experts on which to draw
- Freelance hubs:
- Collaborative work platforms