The digital shakeout in quality assurance and testing
The digital economy drives an unforgiving marketplace at the speed of light. Your stakeholders interact in moments of truth through a network of apps and devices. A contextual micro-moment is all it takes for market leaders to fall from grace. Can this obsession with speed dilute the approach to quality?
There’s evidence in the 9th edition of the World Quality Report that your peers are learning to strike the balance. Up to 41% of its sample shows a return to the main objective of QA & Testing—to improve the overall quality of software, products, and processes. Call it historic recurrence or mean-reversion, but the leaders are going back to basics.
Produced jointly by Capgemini and Sogeti, in conjunction with Micro Focus, the World Quality Report is the only global report analyzing application quality and testing trends across multiple industries in 32 countries.
World Quality Report 2017-18: Key Findings
- Back to basics focus on application quality shows testing has come of age in the new context of agile applications
- Test automation: on the way to smart, intelligent, and cognitive QA
- The challenges with testing in agile development are increasing
- QA organization evolving to meet bi-modal needs
- Test environments and test data continue to be the Achilles heel for QA and testing
- Test budgets fall but are expected to rise again
World Quality Report 2017-18: Key Recommendations
- Increase the level of smart test automation
- Transform QA and Test function to support agile development and DevOps teams
- Invest in smart QA and Test platforms
- Define a test platform strategy on an enterprise level
- Define QA analytics strategy on an enterprise level
For more on the state of QA & Testing, download your copy of the World Quality Report 2017-18.