Capgemini’s Next-Gen Energy Services Platform (Next-Gen ESP) is a proven, end-to-end integrated platform that leverages the latest in data, analytics and automation to support foundational elements of a modern energy system, including the deployment and operation of a next-generation advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), as well as a wide range of supplemental services that can accelerate the transition to electric vehicles (EVs), increase the share of renewables, better manage decentralized energy sources and improve consumer engagement.
Next-Gen ESP: Meeting the needs of the modern utility
Next-Gen ESP addresses a variety of existing and emerging business challenges through a flexible, modular architecture.
Support the collection and delivery of meter values from smart meters across residential, commercial and industrial, micro production, exchange meters and unmeasured sites.
- Monitor and manage the metering estate on a day-to-day basis
- Enable end-to-end automated processes for meter values collection and delivery
- Establish an automated monitoring framework to review exceptions, measure impact on service level KPIs and take corrective actions
- Support network operations services for meters such as remote connect/disconnect
- Provide an intuitive and customized customer dashboard with map views and exceptions to support smart meter operations
Manage large-scale smart meter deployment programs through business process orchestration and field workflow automation for features rollout, logistics management and customer communications.
- Integrated map and technician schedule view
- Steady workflow with routing and navigation based on travelling salesman algorithm
- Agendas and checklists, including risk and security observations
- Work order probe and offline connectfunctionalities
- Ability to update customer coordinates through QR code scanning
- Remote installation confirmation
- Planning optimization using “nearby workorders” feature and assistive reallocating cases
- Android app for field technicians to improve the speed and accuracy of installations through intuitive service screens, business validation checks and route management optimization
- Mobile-to-client integration with secure, opulent data sync
Process large volumes of data to facilitate information exchange and support various extended business needs such as meter-to-cash, network management, market communications and tariff structure support.
- Manage multiple industry standard quality checks, based on regulatory requirements and collected smart meter reads
- Enable versioned storage for time series consumption of events
- Enable advanced event management features, including aggregation and calculation capabilities
- Enable next-generation data-enabled services, including:
- Validate, estimate and edit (VEE): Real-time interval data validation and estimation using configurable rules that cover 50 quality check scenarios
- Event and alarm management: Real-time collection, processing, storage and sending of events and alarms
- Aggregation and calculation: Meter data aggregation configuration to support the periodic export of aggregated meter values for billing or settlement
- Audit trail: Historic trail of any changes to structural and transactional data
Robust and scalable reporting platform which provides a holistic view of all business KPIs through customizable reports and an intuitive customer dashboard.
- Fully-customized reports and dashboards to support daily smart meter operational processes
- Data visualization and correlation functionalities
- Easy development of new reports by end users through dimensional modeling
- Automated monitoring of system health and reporting based on predefined metrics
- Time-series view of collected data through descriptive data analytics
- Real-time analytical dashboards to visualize unprocessed and raw data for quicker actions
- Outage forecasts, through predictive modelling, based on weather, demand or other variables
Support the growing use of electric vehicles (EVs) through next-generation charging station management, control and supervision.
- Infrastructure compatible with open source industry standard OCPP 1.6 and OCPP 2.0 EV charging stations
- Fully customizable solution based on customer needs
- Customizable advanced reporting
Manage micro production energy metering systems for solar, wind and other sustainable generation sources.
- Dedicated automated processes including Next-Gen ESP mobile app support for inspection, installation and troubleshooting
- Operational support for on-grid, off-grid and hybrid systems of installations
- Support for E2E lifecycle asset management of solar panels, batteries, inverters and other assets
Smart Meter Operations Center (SMOC) is a service offering hosted on the Next-Gen Energy Services Platform that helps utilities monitor, manage and optimize smart meters and related infrastructure. A flexible solution, the SMOC is compatible with a variety of smart meters products and can be implemented during the initial AMI deployment or incorporated afterwards.
SMOC leverages service management and analytics dashboards to provide a streamlined view of system health and performance, allowing the utility to address some of the most common challenges associated with an AMI deployment and operations, including: coordination between various teams and partners within the metering ecosystem; streamlining business operations to improve efficiencies and reduce costs; managing smart meter installation and commissioning.
SMOC capabilities and benefits:
- Increase customer experience and satisfaction by improving meter read accuracy and reducing billing estimates for the customer
- Maximize asset value by monitoring and tracking smart meter warranties and firmware upgrades
- Improve remedial response through integrated analytics and dashboard solutions, identifying meter-related issues faster and more accurately
- Increase system visibility and proactivity through an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- Optimize field services operations, prioritizing events to improve efficiency, minimize field visits and reduce costs
- Maximize the number of AMI meters within the system while reducing the number of meters in automatic meter reading (AMR) status
Capgemini is a global leader in smart energy services, successfully designing and delivering AMI projects that include more than 130 million smart meters, as well as the mass deployment of 23 million smart meters worldwide—more than any other organization.
Next-Gen ESP combines Capgemini’s experience as a world system integration leader in AMI, our expansive and impressive ecosystem of industry and technology partners and our organization’s deep business transformation expertise to help utilities create an energy foundation that is scalable, flexible and capable of delivering value.
Next-Gen ESP is a critical enabler of Capgemini’s Next-Gen AMI service offering.