What is it?
- The new data landscape combines low-cost, huge-volume data storage and access with cloud-driven flexibility and scalability alongside raw, real-time analytical and visualization power. Many innovations come from open source projects and startups, but industry leaders are quickly catching up, creating a new normal.
- Data can be made available as actionable insights, not just as a separate report but right in the middle of a process flow, a mobile application, or though an API.
- This invites a fundamental redesign of business processes and even entire business models, putting insights from data at the core of digital change.
How do we use it?
- A large European tax agency migrated its entire legacy data warehouse to an open source-based, next-generation data platform, saving considerable costs while increasing delivery speed and gaining access to innovative Big Data capabilities.
- A Japanese insurance company made an insight-driven, cloud-based sales portal available to its more than 100,000 independent agents, supporting their commercial activities with targeted next best actions.
- Media company Entravision used the fine-grained customer behavior data it was collecting to set up Luminar, an entirely new analytics business.
- Leverage next-gen technologies to simplify and rationalize the existing data landscape, saving costs while increasing agility, speed and business buy-in.
- Infuse processes, activities, and applications with real-time actionable insights, in turn improving decision-making, efficiency, client intimacy, and ultimately business performance…all with a higher enterprise IQ.
- Explore new revenue streams and breakthrough business models, leveraging data as the key asset.
- Industry leaders’ next generation data platforms
- Integrated insights
- Open Source and standards ecosystem
- Open Data Platform Initiative (ODPi)