Each development bears upon one or more facets of the enterprise’s corporate intelligence quotient – CIQ – and raises it measurably
Digital capabilities already enhance the IQ of both the people and the many corporations that need to keep up with the pace and the intelligence of the world. Now, 100 years later, comes the automation of the virtual world – a parallel development to the physical world’s automation – and with it, the arrival of artificial intelligence. AI builds the “exoskeleton” for our brain and senses and provides advanced algorithms to predict and even prescribe our future state. Leveraging all of this to raise our Corporate IQ (CIQ), is the next big transformation theme for the digital enterprise. More information, more connections, faster reactions; the only way is up.
- Corporate IQ is still uncharted territory: it is difficult to define, to measure, and to compare. But digital customers, clients, and partners can gauge it. They now judge companies by their actions and words rather than uniquely through their products and services. Expectations have evolved from a company behaving reasonably to a company behaving intelligently: the more intelligent a digital company looks and feels, the more it will be liked and therefore preferred.
- This is why CIQ must be on the agenda as the ultimate and most difficult to emulate differentiator; now, raising the CIQ becomes an essential objective, which puts new demands on the IT organization.
- AI is the most powerful catalyst to raise the Corporate IQ. It should therefore be considered for any digital initiative, both in terms of augmenting solutions by adding touches of “smart,” all the way up to reinventing entire business models with an AI-First perspective.
- For IT applications, codifying the knowledge and experience of an enterprise is no longer enough, it does not stop there! They now must measurably and continuously raise one or more aspects of its Corporate IQ.
- When an Amazon virtual agent advises you, guides you, and shares its treasure trove of experiences with you, you see and feel the company as an intelligent enterprise. Take a leaf from their book: develop your own intelligent stories.
- The first step is to analyze which aspects of Corporate IQ are influenced by alternate solutions. Typically, these aspects would be grouped into areas that interface with users, monitor and steer activities, service work items, analyze data, or manage knowledge.
- The second step is to assess and describe the CIQ increment that the new solution can bring, resulting in a measurable contribution to business outcomes.
- The third step is to maximize this increment within the application itself, through links with other data and solutions, through additional perspectives and assets from clients and partners and certainly through augmentation with AI services and capabilities.
- To generalize the Corporate IQ dimension, the evaluation of all potential investments will move to measure their expected “ROI,” where the “I” now ostensibly moves from “Investment” to “Intelligence.”
- While CIQ is difficult to measure, adding “Artificial” to the mix brings further challenges and opportunities: go in small steps and tests to progressively build up a complete CIQ picture.
- In the same way that our character should match our intelligence, Corporate IQ should strengthen various aspects of a company’s desired reputation; for this reason, IQ Up and Trust P&L should be considered for all developments.