- Corporate IQ is still uncharted territory: it is difficult to define, to measure, and to compare. But digital customers, clients, and partners can gauge it. They now judge companies directly rather than uniquely through their products and services. Expectations have evolved from IQ behaving reasonably to behaving intelligently: the more intelligent a digital company looks and feels, the more it will be liked and therefore preferred.
- This is why CIQ must be on the agenda as the ultimate and most difficult to emulate differentiator; now, raising the CIQ becomes an essential objective, which puts new demands on the IT organization.
- When an Amazon virtual agent advises you, guides you, and shares its treasure trove of experiences with you, you see and feel the company as an intelligent enterprise. Take a leaf from their book: develop your own intelligent stories.
- For IT applications, codifying the knowledge and experience of an enterprise is no longer enough. They now must measurably and continuously raise one or more aspects of its intelligence of its Corporate IQ.
- The first step is to analyze which aspects of Corporate IQ are influenced by alternate solutions. Typically, these aspects would be grouped into areas that interface with users, monitor and steer activities, service work items, analyze data, or manage knowledge.
- The second step is to assess and describe the CIQ increment that the new solution can bring, resulting in a measurable contribution to business outcomes.
- The third step is to maximize this increment within the application itself, through links with other data and solutions, or through additional perspectives and assets from clients and partners.
To generalize the Corporate IQ dimension, the evaluation of all potential investments will move to measure their expected “ROI,” where the “I” now ostensibly stands for “Intelligence.”
In the same way that our character should match our intelligence, Corporate IQ should strengthen various aspects of a firm’s desired reputation; for this reason, IQ Up and Trust P&L should be considered for all developments.