When code goes low, business gets on a high! You may be blessed with brilliant ideas for killer application services, but you’ll need to deliver them blazingly fast and with the right quality. Classic software delivery based on manual work, complex programming languages and more mythical man months will only get you so far. It is now easier than ever to construct applications without huge coding efforts. The secret is in powerful, AI-enabled tools that leverage API catalogs, prebuilt templates and automation to the fullest extent. And these tools are so powerful – yet easy to use, that they get the popular vote of both business and IT people.
- Powerful low-code and no-code platforms are available for DIY, ‘citizen’ application development, although IT people may be equally enthusiastic about their productivity and ease-of-use.
- Platforms depend on the availability of robust, enterprise-scale API and web service catalogs (both internal and external), open data sets, and tested and proven template galleries.
- Sharing of best practices and collaboratively building on each other’s solutions is a crucial success driver, as also evidenced by the ‘Maker Culture’.
- AI will quickly assist in creating even more powerful DIY applications without any need for coding.
- An online optical products retailer chose to rapidly custom-build its entire stack of core applications with its senior managers on the low-code Mendix platform, rather than implementing a more expensive, less flexible ERP system.
- The Dutch city of Zaanstad used the Betty Blocks no-code platform to build a prototype in a matter of days, that rapidly convinced 13 surrounding municipalities of an innovative concept around youth care services, enabling them to use the same platform to easily adapt to their own, local needs.
- Individuals from all over the world routinely create and exchange ‘applets’ on IFTTT, based on thousands of web services that give access to the world’s most popular applications and data collections.
- LANSA (a division of Idera, Inc.), a provider of low-code application development platform tools, has announced their latest release of Visual LANSA.
- Increased application development productivity, on both the business and IT sides.
- A cohesive alignment between IT and business through personally involved and committed ‘citizen’ application developers, and the open, digital platforms that IT supplies to help these citizens along.
- More innovative and higher-quality business-facing applications.
- Enterprise robustness combines with agile solutions.