• Oracle and Capgemini Group today expanded their testing relationship to deliver focused testing solutions. Through a new global initiative called the ‘Oracle Software Testing Center of Excellence,’ set up within the Capgemini Group in India, the companies plan to help customers more effectively manage and standardize their test processes.
• Specifically, Oracle, Capgemini Group, and its local professional services subsidiary, Sogeti, intend to help customers deliver higher-quality applications in less time and cost, by leveraging powerful test automation tools, integrated test processes and extensive testing expertise.
• Additionally, Oracle and Capgemini Group intend to leverage Oracle’s Application Quality Management OPN Specialization to train Capgemini Group’s 6,400 test professionals on Oracle Application Quality Management solutions.
• Capgemini Group’s structured testing methodology, Test Management Approach (TMap®), together with Oracle’s Application Quality Management solutions, including Oracle Application Testing Suite, Real Application Testing and Data Masking Pack, will serve as the foundation for the ‘Oracle Software Testing Center of Excellence,’ along with dedicated expertise within the Capgemini Group, and the ability to leverage this expertise through company’s Rightshore® global delivery network and capabilities.
• Capgemini Group’s TMap® templates are also being integrated into Oracle Application Testing Suite 9.2.
• Long time Oracle partner, Capgemini is a Platinum level member in the Oracle PartnerNetwork program.
Leading Test Processes and Expertise Aim for Cost Reduction and Greater Efficiency
• Capgemini Group’s TMap® is a business-driven, risk-based approach for structured software testing, providing rigorous test execution across the whole development lifecycle, delivering clearly identifiable results and can notably reduce the cost of software development and maintenance.
• Oracle’s Application Testing Suite is a comprehensive, integrated testing solution that helps ensure the quality, scalability, and availability of Web applications, Web Services and Oracle Applications. With integrated testing accelerators, Oracle Application Testing Suite provides a superior solution for testing applications built upon Oracle technology, as well as standard Web applications.
• Together, Capgemini Group’s TMap® methodology, extensive knowledge of Oracle applications, along with Oracle’s leading Application Quality Management software, can help customers deploy higher quality applications in less time with greater assurance of success.
• In addition, Oracle is including templates for Capgemini Group’s TMap® methodology into the newly announced Oracle Application Testing Suite 9.2 release to help customers more effectively manage and standardize their test processes.
• “Working collectively, Capgemini Group and Oracle plan to deliver the industry’s leading source of application testing experts – equipped with best-in-class test methodology from Capgemini Group and the most advanced application testing software from Oracle,” said Richard Sarwal, Oracle Senior Vice President, Product Development. “Together, we are enabling customers to lower the risk, time and cost associated with application development by leveraging powerful application testing processes, tools and expertise.”
• “Business-driven IT management from Oracle, coupled with business-driven test management from Capgemini is a strong combination that will help our customers to deliver more consistently high-quality applications that meet or exceed the performance expectations of business users,” said Hans van Waayenburg, Head of Testing Global Service Line & CEO, Sogeti Europe, Capgemini Group. “Together, we are transforming how customers manage and standardize their test processes to speed application creation and quality.”
About Capgemini and Sogeti
The Capgemini Group is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enabling its clients to transform and perform through the use of technologies. Present in over 30 countries, the Capgemini Group reported 2009 global revenues of EUR 8.4 billion and employs 95,000 people worldwide. Sogeti, its wholly-owned subsidiary, is a leading provider of local professional services, bringing together more than 20,000 professionals in 15 countries and is present in over 100 locations in Europe, the US and India. Together, Capgemini and Sogeti have developed innovative, business-driven quality assurance (QA) and testing services, combining best-in-breed testing methodologies (TMap® and TPI®) and the global delivery model, Rightshore®, to help organizations achieve their testing and QA goals. Capgemini and Sogeti have one of the largest dedicated testing practices in the world, with over 6,400 test professionals and a further 11,000 application specialists, notably through a common center of excellence with testing specialists developed in India.
About the Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Rightshore® is a registered trademark belonging to Capgemini. TMap® is a registered trademark of Sogeti, part of the Capgemini Group.
Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.