According to Kennedy, although the digital strategy consulting market is still in its early stages of development, three distinct consulting segments have emerged:
- Digital specialists orient their entire consulting offering around digital strategy.
- Digital practices offer digital strategy through a stand-alone, branded entity.
- Digital diffusers embed digital strategy competencies throughout their functional and industry practices.
Capgemini Consulting is the sole company in the first Digital Specialist category with the report stating: “Its digital specialist model has delivered the strongest all-round capability set”.
Capgemini Consulting has built its leadership position on a number of pillars:
- Developing a global Digital Transformation capability with expertise in all areas where digital affects its clients’ value chains, spanning front-end customer experience to back-end operations and on to total business model transformation. All of Capgemini Consulting’s 3,600 consultants worldwide belong to one of three Digital Transformation Capability Units -- Customer Experience, Operational Excellence, or Business Model Transformation.
- Conducting – in partnership with the MIT Center for Digital Business -- the most extensive research on digital transformation to date, examining more than 400 large mainstream companies around the globe. The most recent survey from Capgemini Consulting and the MIT -- The Digital Advantage: How Digital Leaders Outperform Their Peers In Every Industry – revealed that those companies that have succeeded in delivering a fundamental transformation of their business through digital technologies benefit from a considerable advantage and demonstrate significantly better financial performance than their peers. An earlier research study with the MIT Center for Digital Business -- Digital Transformation: A Roadmap For Billion-Dollar Organizations – was named by analyst firm Source for Consulting as being among the top 5 most influential pieces of consulting research of the decade, following a thorough analysis of 22,000 consulting reports.
- Leveraging the research developed with the MIT Center for Digital Business, as well as expertise and best practice from its global client experience, to develop a senior leadership training program. Capgemini Consulting has also reoriented its internal training and development curriculum around digital.
- Conducting its own digital transformation to radically change the way the company works and delivers projects for clients. Examples include the ASN -- a digitally-enabled Accelerated Solution Network -- that connects people from across geographies to tackle critical business issues in a dedicated envisioning and problem-solving environment; as well as a dedicated global social network called “Connect” that underpins co-creation and collaboration across the company's worldwide network.
- Building alliance relationships with external providers to create a digital ecosystem for end-to-end Digital Transformation
As Capgemini Consulting’s Digital Transformation Lead, Didier Bonnet explains: “We are firm believers that the business implications of the new digital economy are at the top of the transformation agenda for business leaders. New digital technologies are reaching into every corner of the business world -- every industry, company, process, decision, and job -- and bringing deep changes that create a new playing field with new rules and new winners and losers. We are delighted that Kennedy has positioned us strongly on this critical strategic issue for CEOs and business leaders.”
"The company’s perspective on the business impact of the digital revolution and the corresponding roadmap is among the most comprehensive and compelling in the industry. This perspective reflects its practice approach of deriving its digital strategy consulting offering from its research agenda rather than the other way around" says Nathan Simon, analyst at Kennedy and co-author of the research.
About Capgemini Consulting
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organization of the Capgemini Group, specializing in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organizational change.
Find out more at: http://www.capgemini-consulting.com/