Over 100,000 people gathered for Europe’s rendezvous for start-ups and leaders to “explore transformational ideas on a global scale,” and we made the most of this opportunity to shine with Capgemini Invent’s “Innovation Challenge” for start-ups. Over the three days of VivaTech (16-18 May, in Paris), we had invited almost 100 start-ups to our Pitching Zone, a focal point of the event, to battle for first place in several start-up categories in the “Innovation Challenge”. According to the rules of the competition, a representative from each start-up had just four minutes to make their pitch, before facing questions from the jury.
After hard-fought battles, the category winners were as follows:
- Building new connections between the financial services brands and their customers: Silkpay
- Accelerating the cleantech developments and markets penetration: Boson Energy
- Bringing to life the workforce and organization of the future: Reverto
- Inventing new services and business models within one of the top worldwide mobility service platform: Carfit
- Inventing the next big thing in Industrial IoT: InUse
- How can retailers use AI to reinvent themselves and attract customers to stores? Proppos
VivaTech is all about collaborating with the best start-ups to better serve clients, hence the first prize included coaching from Capgemini experts to help to develop the start-up’s business idea.
Special guests, speakers, and jury members joined us at the Pitching Zone. We were honored to welcome Fabienne Gautier, Head of the Unit for Innovation Ecosystems for the European Union Commission, and French Secretary of State of Digital Affairs, Cédric O.
Emmanuel Lochon, VP Group Digital Branding/Advertising and Innovation Marketing, summarized the success of the event as follows: “We wanted to use Vivatech as a platform to pitch Capgemini Invent on the market, and we saw huge interest from clients, journalists and visitors. The start-ups’ pitches were the alpha and omega of our program, stressing our capability to identify and address the innovation ecosystem.”