George Weston Foods partners with Capgemini to implement a new CPM solution for fast and relevant information at the fingertips.
This project is a new and exciting opportunity for us to streamline our financial planning and reporting processes across GWF. It helps position us for continued growth by enabling us to have improved visibility of our key management information across the entire business. John Kavanagh, CFO, George Weston Foods
George Weston Foods (GWF), one of Australia’s largest food manufacturers, was facing increased competition, cost pressures and regulatory requirements across its business. The information required to respond to these challenges and support the growth agenda effectively was not readily available across the Group. The technology was unstable via disparate systems, and inconsistent information was sometimes reported across divisions. It all led to finance users spending a lot of time on non value-added activities.
GWF asked Capgemini to perform a review of its Finance function. This led to the development of a Finance Blueprint, which, amongst other initiatives, recommended the implementation of a new Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution. GWF selected the SAP SEM suite to leverage their existing SAP investment. Capgemini acted as the prime implementation partner, overseeing the entire project lifecycle.
The project achieved major benefits:
- consistent, relevant and readily available information via an enterprise wide Portal to all users facilitating better decisions
- trusted information, only one source of the truth
- stable platform, catering to existing and future reporting requirements
- streamlined processes and faster reporting, with removal of non value-added activities
- redefined finance function, as strategic partner to the business.