Digital envisioning has grown beyond a conceptual stage from Social Mobility Analytics Cloud Next to prescriptive approaches of problem solving. Digital customer experiences have grown beyond usability to outcome rich business experiences. Industry focus has shifted from “concepts” to “contents” that are ubiquitous, accessible to solve business problems. This could mean that contents, its presentation, its subscription and consumption model will form the essence of marketing of business models. Industry started looking at amplifying “user interfaces” to “touch points where businesses interact with customers”. Industry now acknowledges that business workflows have to be envisioned beyond one primary screen to an interleaved continuum of multiple customer touch points. Industry now sees merit in consuming analyzed, predicted inferences to accelerate decision-making. This could mean that every user gets a personalized, prescriptive recipe more fit to his needs and demands.
One of the Capgemini’s researches with leading Telco was focused on mining customer patterns to uncover theme- based current and future consumption habits. The Customer Experience Action Plan (CEAP) proposed, enabled prioritization of future digital content opportunities with a holistic approach to look at digital content centric transformation from branding to go to market strategies. Businesses are seeing advantages on prioritizing customer experiences as they believe outcomes can vary based on digital customer experiences offered. Digital experience amplification grows beyond a channel.
Some of the examples where latest innovations accelerating experiences with customer centricity, convenience as the center are;
- Uber adapts its own model to accept cash and pilot was started first in India. The new shared services model is now proven to work with traditional models also. The outcomes on disrupting the fundamental model of business itself are being attempted in multiple countries.
- Ecommerce growth of India could rise to $137 billion by 2020 as per a recent Morgan Stanley Research report. The wide acceptance of ecommerce as a means to select, buy , sell , ship, deliver, return goods provided services at a much scalable level in India is on a continuing momentum
- Amplified multi touch gesture of 3D touch , enabling force as new criteria to interact with mobile. This will make natural interactions with mobile devices more viable
- Meaningful indoor positioning and navigations offering with payload capabilities like Google Eddystone, enables environments to interact in a better way with devices
- Multi-mode payment consoles like Paypal Chip Card Readers that complements all payment modes , providing flexibility to customers to have a payment method of their own choice
- Smart shelf technology pilots by Kroger that can enable cross selling, enabling retailers to provide assistance at a shelf level more fit to the needs of customers
- Burberry’s clever RFID technology that triggers audio-visual content on selected items, enriching users with information that enable them to make the right purchase choice
- Watson analytics triaging tickets and accelerating helpdesk operations and enables effective maintenance of systems and predicts outages thus preparing businesses to deal with the situations in advance.
Tangible digital experience transformations are a reality now and the positive side is that most of the influencing technologies are in the innovation trigger path in Gartner’s hype cycle. Most of these innovations are realized as extensions to existing business approaches.
While Digital experience forms the most tangible aspect of transformations the other building blocks are workflows, integrations and insights.
Digital experiences catalyze the business touch points to create newer business models. Digital workflows enable data driven use cases with greater power and speed to take decisions. Digital integrations make interconnections viable and secure between any systems, any businesses, and any paradigms cloud-hybrid-on Premise by making true business collaborations work seamlessly. Digital insights learn, assess, analyze, predict and recommend knowledge clues that can accelerate decision making and enable run time adaptation to business needs, at a faster pace.
One of the examples of a business workflow acceleration that brought 40% cost efficiency by a Global Process Model approach is a classic approach where Syngenta’s global hubs enabled clockwork precision in supply chain management that fetched great transformation benefits by having a more seamless supply of materials to scale. Utility companies are looking at integrated ways of transformations and Utilities to Energy Services transformation (u2es) themes are for accelerating customer engagement, operational excellence and provides more energy consumption option and flexibility to customers. Insurance industry values customer satisfaction as the core pillar for transformation and the data driven yet secure approach help personalized services with bigdata analytics. Banking sectors are accelerating customer touch points beyond self-service applications, and the digitized and secured workflows enable them to keep a complementing momentum on commerce, loyalty rich use cases. Transforming transactions using all possible channels between businesses and between people with secured approaches enable more operational efficiencies in businesses. From Point of Sale upgrades, payment flexibilities, in store context aware assistance and loyalty, optimal order realization & delivery, retailers embrace digital transformation bridging the gap between online and physical world. Data driven insights from retailers enable CPGs and manufacturers to keep up the momentum of customer relevant supplies. The digital hub approach of Capgemini is an example of an integrated digital transformation store view for enterprises.
Business strategies will have to focus on the coherence of opportunity, technology, collaboration, customer centricity to create newer revenue streams. The core essence of transformation has to be derived from the undiscovered, untapped potential of existing businesses and validated by industry adoption themes and patterns. By choosing the right mix of technology and integrations, a foundation can be laid to support a chain of transformations that businesses need to adopt for future.
The digital momentum is massive, as innovations on all possible areas enable everyone to open up new ways for transforming businesses. Customers are passionately adopting transformations wherever they see a value. Data driven approaches and automation enables systems to assist people in taking decisions in all walks of life to be efficient, yet being environment friendly. Digital continuum is all about understanding the power of self and rebuilding for a better future.