Capgemini North America is presently striving to obtain the ISO 14001 certification by the end of 2015. As part of this process, we have compiled a new policy statement for North America in line with the Group’s Environmental Policy.
The policy outlines the following:
- Purpose and context of our organization
- Framework to establish environmental objectives
- Our commitment to protect the environment
- Our commitment to apply to applicable legislation and regulations
- Our commitment to continual improvement of our environmental management system (EMS)
The policy applies to all offices and data centers managed by Capgemini North America, Inc. and its US and Canadian subsidiaries (except Sogeti and IGATE sites).
Why do we need ISO 14001 certification?
ISO 14001certification is an international standard for the environmental management system (EMS). We have a deep and measured understanding of our impact on the environment. We are working to reduce our impact on the natural environment from energy, business travel and waste. We raise employee awareness on critical issues in sustainable development. This certification will help us address these issues and also reduce cost and risk, maximize efficiency, and assure our clients and stakeholders that we have an efficient EMS. It will ensure that Capgemini remains a strong competitor in the global marketplace.
Click the link to learn more about Environmental Sustainability at Capgemini.
Many of our countries throughout the Group (India, Sweden, Brazil, etc.) have already secured the certification and we will be proud to join our colleagues in this accomplishment.
What can we do?
- Familiarize employees with our policy
- Be aware of our environmental objectives
- Report any incidents that may have an environmental impact
- Reduce, reuse and recycle waste
- Only print what is necessary, print double-sided and use an Eco-font
- Unplug laptops or phones once fully charged
- Travel less – use video conferencing or Lync available in our offices
- Travel differently – lift share and take advantage of additional passenger mileage, or take the train where possible
- Coming soon: The environmental awareness computer-based training (CBT) for North America
For more information about Capgemini’s Environmental Sustainability, please contact Mel Larkins, the Environment & Community Project Manager for North America.