Digital Transformation is not only about Digital Capabilities: understanding and mastering the technology drivers to business change. It’s just as much – or even more – about Leadership Capabilities: the ability of an organization to create an executive-driven vision, an enabling governance, individual mobilization and unified IT and business sides. Our Design For Digital principles point to the changes in mindset that are needed to successfully enter the digital era.
In most business / technology discussions that take TechnoVision as an input and inspiration, Design for Digital takes center-stage. Its principles resonate individually, but compel as a set of seven: they propose a very different way of looking at business and technology, at users, at technology integration, at applications.
The principles of TechnoVision 2015 edition reflect these discussions and show a radically updated perspective on how to design for digital:
– the two first ones – Digitally Intense and What’s Your Story? – build on some of the key lessons digital masters taught us: the successful digital enterprise combines the right digital capabilities with the right leadership capabilities.
– Business Mon Amour advocates striving for the fusion of business and technology, rather than ‘just’ alignment.
– Bon Risk Appétit emphasizes the growing importance of security as a concern, but even more so as an opportunity.
– From Train to Scooter – a proven TechnoVision ‘classic’ – suggests to understand and master business / IT transformation at different speeds and dynamics.
– Platform No 3 is a plea to build digital platforms that marry enterprise-grade stability with next-generation agility; central with de-central.
– and finally, Hack My Business Model promotes a disruptive mindset for reinventing business models through new technology.
The design principles can be used as a state of mind, to shape an approach and simply as a checklist for assessing and creating solutions. We hope they will the base for another round of rich discussions and progress around the journey towards the digital enterprise!
Your expert: Pierre Hessler
Part of Capgemini’s TechnoVision 2015 update series. See the overview here.