Hello everyone……greetings from the road, well actually, from home this time. As I’ve mentioned in my earlier posts, I spend quite a bit of my time on the road meeting with Capgemini clients sharing our success stories and industry leading solutions – New Delhi, Paris, London, New York, Chicago……and so on.
However this time I’m writing to you from Capgemini’s leading Financial Services North America Delivery Center in Charlotte, NC. I take quite a bit of pride in our Charlotte Delivery Center (CDC) because we are delivering a number of Testing-related projects here. Our testing teams are working diligently in a highly mature environment that we’ve created, allowing our clients to benefit from leading practices in the world of Agile, Mobility, and Model-based testing; just to name a few. We collaborate real-time with teams all over the world from the CDC. We cover the globe from New York to Singapore. So this time, instead writing about my discoveries and topics of conversation, I’d like to “brag” a little about our Delivery Center.
In our CDC, Capgemini is ably addressing client needs from Charlotte, NC in all three business domains of the Financial Services industry − Banking, Insurance, and Capital Markets. The Charlotte Delivery Center serves both local and global clients’ needs in different areas including, but not limited to, risk, compliance, anti-money laundering, asset management, quality analysis, and other IT-related tasks. We have an excellent footprint as a “homeshore” center doing Software Testing Services for our clients in cities such as: New York, Chicago or Washington, DC.
Charlotte is the second-largest financial center in the US and home to many Fortune 500 companies and has been a great environment for our Financial Services Global Unit. It has proven to be an ideal location for a North America based IT Delivery Center.
In addition to delivering transformative testing services to our clients, Capgemini associates at the CDC are making a difference in the community as well:
- Capgemini is a multi-year Corporate Sponsor of Charlotte Wine and Food Weekend. It is the 4th largest charity event in Charlotte with all proceeds going to 4 local children’s charities
- Capgemini Charlotte is a founding partner – IT-oLogy: Charlotte branch. IT-oLogy is a national non-profit collaboration of businesses, academic institutions and organizations dedicated to growing the IT talent pipeline and advancing the IT profession in the Charlotte area.
- For the past two winters, Charlotte employees have donated canned goods to the uptown Loaves and Fishes food bank.
- Capgemini associates partnered with Second Harvest Food Bank of the Metrolinas to fill over 1,000 backpacks with 7 healthy food items for children.
- Recently donated more than 100 used laptops, desktop computers and key boards to Goodwill Industries of the Carolinas.
So if you can’t tell already, I’m extremely proud of what our Testing Practice associates have done in our Charlotte Delivery Center. We are transforming how our clients think about software testing and making a difference in our community!
I’ll be back on the road for my next article, so stay tuned and as always….”trust but verify”.