If you recall the most recent edition of our Application Landscape Report, here is what we found about the state of application portfolios:
- The role of IT as an enabler for innovation and business growth is once again much better recognized, after spending several years in the solitary confinement of cost reduction and risk management.
- The ‘3rd Platform’ technologies of cloud, social, big data and mobile are the main drivers behind the renewed enthusiasm in business for IT.
- Many application landscapes do however not yet reflect this reality, as they are too complex, absorb too much budget and are difficult to manage.
- Given this rising pressure, IT leaders finally tend to consider more radical application rationalization scenarios.
- In order to create a better-balanced application portfolio though, mutual understanding between business and IT – based on factual insights – is a crucial success factor.
We have based our findings on a survey of more than 1100 CIOs and other IT leaders in companies of various sizes from a wide range of industries. And while it’s interesting to learn from where they are and how they intend to move, it’s even better to see how your own organization matches up. That’s why we have created this handy, easy-to-use app for your tablet (iOS and Android versions here). It guides you through the same survey that we have used for the report, let’s you choose to what subset you want to compare yourself and shows the results in real-time.
As we cannot emphasize enough, innovation and transformation of the application landscape can only happen with enough insights and facts available to both the business and IT side of an organization. Hopefully, this app helps you a bit on your way.
Try it and let us know what you think.