- Why Our Civilization’s Video Art and Culture is Threatened by the MPEG-LA
We’ve all heard how the h.264 is rolled over on patents and royalties.
- Old VC firms: get ready to be disrupted
If the U.S. economy were a company, the VC industry would be the R&D department. The financing for the VC industry comes from so-called LPs (Limited Partners) – mostly university endowments, pension funds, family funds, and funds-of-funds.
- Ning Planning to Remain Free for Teachers
Ning, a company that allows users to build their own social networks, says it has signed a letter of intent with a major educational publisher to keep its service free for educators
- The real reason Apple and Microsoft are embracing ‘HTML5’
Just the other day Microsoft has chimed in with Apple in its fight against Adobe’s Flash calling it ‘proprietary’ and ‘not-open’ and pushing forward ‘HTML5’ as the technology of the future. Both posts seem to focus on video on the web and it is striking that they both mention H.264 as the codec of choice
- Actually, half of all iPad Books are Fiction
The distribution of titles across the BISAC categories varies by publisher. For example 64% of Macmillan’s titles are Fiction, while 19% of HarperCollins are in the Religion category
- Facebook’s just made It easier to share what you’re going to do
- How Apple is breaking the law with the App Store
- Monumental Day For the Internet as First Non-Latin Domain Names Go Live
- Booyah Hits 2 Million, Stealing Foursquare’s Thunder
- The Challenge: How do we keep technology exciting?
tweetmeme_url = ‘http://www.capgemini.com/technology-blog/2010/05/weekly_digest_of_week_1…‘;
tweetmeme_style = ‘compact’;