This week a fresh collection of ten links about: Social networks breaking security rules, Facebooks knows more about you could imagine. Second Life’s economy has not a real recession and a very important new celeb on Twitter: Alf (okay and Bill Gates joined Twitter as well).
- Heading for Social Disaster
The rapid growth of these sites and networks is impressive. However, in their pursuit of extending the user base, many social sites break a very important rule of security.
- Picture-driven computing
New research could enable computer programming based on screen shots, not just code
- 5 Scary Things That Facebook Knows About You
- Second Life’s economy grows 65% to $567M
Virtual worlds no longer shine as they once did, but Linden Lab, the owner of the Second Life 3-D online virtual world, says that its virtual economy has never been bigger.
- Alf is on Twitter… And He’s Only Following Cats!
- How can we prevent a Social CRM bubble? Lessons from the boom and bust of CRM
- Report: Skype Now Accounts For 12% Of All International Calling Minutes
- Avatars in the Workplace
tweetmeme_url = ‘http://www.capgemini.com/technology-blog/2010/01/weekly_digest_of_week_3…‘;
tweetmeme_style = ‘compact’;