Unlocking the True Value of Retail with the Smart Digital Store
“We can deliver a whole new range of business value to the retailer, save costs, and create new experiences.”
—Katja van Beaumont, Global Offering Leader, Smart Digital Store
Changing consumer demands drive digital transformation
As a retailer, you recognize the seismic shifts taking place in the industry. But you’re equally aware of them as a consumer yourself. Rapidly changing consumer demands – plus powerful market disruptors and new business models – are upending the industry:
- Consumers have heightened expectations for new forms of engagement. Conversational commerce is expanding quickly, with smart-speaker sales pegged to nearly quintuple to $3.52 billion by 2021.1
- Voice assistants will become a dominant mode of consumer interaction by 2021. In fact, 40% of consumers will prefer voice assistants to a company website or app, and 31% will prefer them to visiting a store.2
- Cybersecurity is now a top-3 factor when consumers select a primary retailer, outranking loyalty programs and brand reputation. What’s more, 40% would increase their online spend at least 20% if their primary retailer gave them security assurances that competitors did not.3
Capgemini is purpose-built to guide retailers as they master these market shifts and tech-triggered trends. Our team of retail experts works with you to create a digital vision and a transformation road map. We equip you to start projects today that ladder up to long-term strategic goals.
Capgemini knows from experience how to optimize retail operations across the value chain. We employ proven methodologies to adjust the levers of platforms, applications, processes, change, leadership, talent, and culture.
Our experts collaborate with your teams to develop the most adapted solutions to fit your unique requirements. We believe that this human-centred approach to technology is what makes the difference for your business.
We call this the Capgemini Effect.
Real-world solutions for real-world results
At Capgemini, digital transformation isn’t just a concept. Our retail clients are already taking bold steps to succeed in a consumer-driven landscape:
- A quick-serve restaurant frontrunner is leveraging digital technologies and innovation to transform the customer experience.
- A luxury fashion brand is transitioning retail experience to lifestyle to fortify customer loyalty.
- A home-improvement heavyweight is redefining the urban store and the value-added service model.
- A furniture and housewares icon is extending the brand through new purchasing options.
Discover how Capgemini can help you create and realize a better future for your retail business.
1 “Gartner Says Worldwide Spending on VPA-Enabled Wireless Speakers Will Top $3.5 Billion by 2021,” Gartner, August 2017
2“Conversational Commerce Why Consumers Are Embracing Voice Assistants in Their Lives,” Capgemini, January 2018
3“Cybersecurity: The New Source of Competitive Advantage for Retailers,” Capgemini, May 2018