Data Center Optimization for Greater Benefits
To get the most of what virtualization has to offer, you need a data center that is:
Your aging data center may not be designed to support the power requirements that current technologies demand. While a complete overhaul isn’t an option, optimizing your current data center can significantly reduce costs and help you reap the benefits of cloud computing
Building the Foundation for Secure, Sustainable Data Centers
We offer data center optimization services that deliver concrete results:
- 30% reduction in total cost of your IT operations: reducing maintenance on underused equipment, retiring underutilized functionalities
- Greater peace of mind: disaster recovery processes, physical security tested to military standards
- More flexibility and agility: traditional on-premise enterprise architecture or public cloud through services
- Increased energy-efficiency in line with Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) ratings
- Improved service levels via 99% system availability
We take a phased approach to data center optimization:
- Analyzing the current state: we assess your asset inventory, staffing levels and activities, and services provided
- Designing the future state: we find a balance between meeting your users’ needs and cutting costs
- Establishing the migration path: we use industry benchmarks, operational standards and more to determine optimal service provision
A Long-Standing Commitment to Data Center Sustainability
Over the years, we have worked with clients to optimize their data centers. All of our data centers have PUE ratings that are better than the industry average.
Our typical data center optimization projects reduce total cost of ownership by 25% and optimize space usage by 75%. We’re committed to improving the energy efficiency of our data center network.
In the UK, we worked with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HRMC) to replace its aging data center facilities. In a 24-hour migration, we successfully moved tax credit services to a new facility without disrupting vital payments for six million UK families. The project involved changes to over 75% of HMRC’s systems and updating interfaces with other government departments and external bodies.
We were recently selected by leading Scandinavian road transport fuel retailer, Statoil Fuel & Retail ASA to deliver a new IT infrastructure.
- The number of physical servers needed by 90%
- The installed capacity required for the same performance level by 54%
- The amount of occupied space in the data center by 76%
The success of this project was due to three factors. First, due to the project’s meticulous preparation. Second, because of the technical capability and experience of the Capgemini team. Lastly, on the maturity and robustness revealed by both the chosen hardware and software.
IT and Communications Director, APL, S.A.