The rise and rise of AI in CX
Brands exist in the experiences they enable. It’s how they differentiate from the competition and connect with consumers. But today’s brands are under increased pressure to ensure they deliver extraordinary end-to-end humanized customer experiences. AI is the key enabler in taking up this challenge.
AI has the power to fundamentally transform interactions between consumers and brands
AI can enable brands to behave more like people, to offer truly humanized experiences. Infusing AI into digital customer platforms makes the customer experience more human – at a scale previously unimaginable – and increases the level of engagement.
Indeed, AI-enabled technologies are able to understand customer’s feelings and express empathy, apply humor or/and show understanding and respect. By fuelling AI with individual customer learning and understanding, it becomes possible to continuously translate customer interactions into actionable insights. Employees and enterprise systems can better predict and address customer needs for a differentiated experience.
AI has become a powerful weapon to drive loyalty, increase growth and improve efficiency
It can improve the quality of life for the individual customer and employee, while creating a wealth of new opportunities for businesses to increase their operational efficiency, grow sales and loyalty, improve and speed up decision-making and become more relevant and innovative in the development and delivery of products and services.
Unleashing the full potential of AI for CX – defining essential use cases
We believe that the impact of AI on customer experience is being significantly felt in two ways:
- New ways of interacting, such as conversational interfaces
- Performance improvement of existing methods, such as employee intelligence augmentation, better analysis of data that customers provide and/or greater personalization through better understanding and better anticipation.
Identifying and choosing the right use cases to deliver business value in a particular domain is essential for seizing new AI opportunities, and therefore we’ve identified four interconnected application domains to enable the deployment and humanization of customer experiences: Customer Understanding, Customer Engagement Augmentation, Conversational Interfaces, and Immersive Experience.
Multiple challenges when implementing AI application domains at scale
As many companies are still at the early stage of implementing AI, evolving from exploration to large scale deployments requires organizations to think holistically and inclusively, and complex preparation. These fundamentals need to be considered:
- Establish AI-infused customer platforms
- Connect to a state-of-the-art customer data ecosystem
- Use a selective AI technology portfolio, from our network of partners
- Ensure trust through compliance; be transparent, ethical and accountable
- Acquire the necessary people and talents to generate the results.
An essential component of our AI portfolio of services
Our AI in CX proposition is part of the suite of Capgemini services – Perform AI – and is a catalyst for AI-infused customer experience transformation. Our AI-infused CX roadmap follows three streams to progressively increase the value, transformation and even disruption to the organization:
- Activate: Experimenting and prioritizing impactful use cases with a focus on new technology and architecture
- Transform: Transforming towards humanized customer experiences
- Reimagine: Empowering organizations to deliver new customer-centric business models.