“Working with Capgemini has helped us future-proof our business [and] introduce more convenience to our customers.”
—Chuah Kee Heng, Managing Director, SP Services
New technologies empower energy and utility leaders
Energy and utility companies face a level of disruption not seen in decades. New, cash-rich competitors are disrupting the market. Renewables prices continue to ratchet downward. New energy-storage technologies are rapidly becoming industrialised. Meanwhile, technology – and opportunity – are moving to the edge. Just consider:
- Edge computing is placing capture and analysis of data wherever it’s generated – by customers on mobile devices, by IoT sensors in electric vehicles, by machine-to-machine connections in smart buildings.
Capgemini is purpose-built to guide energy and utility companies as they master these market shifts and tech-triggered trends. Our 16,000 energy experts work with you to create a vision and chart a path to digital transformation. We equip you to start projects today that ladder up to long-term strategic goals.
Capgemini knows from experience how to help you:
- Become a customer-centric digital business
- Leverage IoT, machine learning, and edge computing
- Identify, develop, and implement new business models
- Control costs and demonstrate value to customers and regulators
Real-world solutions for real-world results
At Capgemini, digital transformation isn’t just a concept. Our energy and utility clients in North America, Latin America, the UK, Europe, and Asia Pacific are taking bold steps to succeed in a customer-driven, technology-enabled landscape:
- A U.K. power-station developer is leveraging cloud computing and digital services to grow into a global nuclear-energy leader.
- A major water supplier has formed an industry-leading IT alliance to become an efficient digital business and innovate better customer service.
- A building technologies frontrunner has implemented an innovative IoT platform to drive next-generation energy management.
- A North America city government is automating utility operations to become more efficient and customer-centric.
Discover how Capgemini can help you create and realise a better future for your energy and utility business.
Winning utilities customer’s hearts with AI
A recent report by the Capgemini research institute ‘The Secret to Winning Customers’ Hearts with Artificial Intelligence: Add human Intelligence’ shows that, while AI is no longer alien to consumers, 65% of utilities customers want to know when they are having interactions enabled by AI as opposed to human-led.
Another key finding of the report shows that of all the reasons for organisations to implement AI-enabled use cases, ‘cost of implementation’ (62%) and ‘expected return on investment’ (59%) were the two highest placing, way above ‘impact of customer experience’ down in 9th place with 10%.
- How energy providers can ensure a bright future
- We have signed a new contract with @EnecoGroupNews for #CloudManagement, application services, and #ServiceIntegration – read more here: http://ow.ly/fGTw30jpnED #cloud