We have stated our commitment to responsible and sustainable business in a number of areas including:
- We were one of the first in our sector to publish approved science-based targets consistent with the COP 21 2015 Paris Agreement to keep temperatures below the 20 C threshold;
- We are founder members of the UNFCCC Champions for Climate Action’s new Race to Zero campaign.
- We signed a series of six communiques on Climate Change organized by the Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders’ Group on Climate Change. They are the Trillion Tonne (2014), Climate Change (2012), Cancun (2010), Copenhagen (2009), Poznan (2008), and Bali (2007) communiques;
- Capgemini CEO Paul Hermelin signed the Business Proposals for COP 21 in support of the 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change in 2015;
- Capgemini has been a signatory to the UN Global Compact since 2004. The member companies of this program support/comply with ten principles in the areas of the environment, human rights, labor rights, and the fight against corruption;
- Capgemini supports the principles of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the fundamental conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO) refusing the use of forced labor or child labor;
- Capgemini supports the OECD guidelines for multinational enterprises;
- Capgemini has been a signatory to the UN Global Compact’s “Caring for Climate” initiative since its inception in 2007; and
- Capgemini has been a signatory to the Women’s Empowerment Principles since their inception in 2011.