Industry Initiatives Address Challenges of the Digital World and the Fight for Resources
Significant changes in society, consumer behavior, the environment and technology has impacted on how consumer goods and retail companies need to rethink their business. More than 200 executives from some of the leading consumer goods and retail organisations collaborated to discuss how the industry can continue to bring benefits to consumers.
This joint program answered the following questions:
- What are the trends that matter the most?
- How can we translate ideas into initiatives that bring real value?
- What plan of action needs to be taken to drive industry change?
They identified three initiatives that address a gap in the industry of two major trends: Digital World and Fight for Resources.
- Develop a consumer engagement protocol
- Transform product identification information to improve supply chain transparency
- Improve sustainability of packaging across the different value chain stages