The changing face of customer satisfaction
No matter what industry sector, the way companies interact with their customers is changing. The way a product is sold and payment collected is dictating a customer’s buying habits. Get it wrong and companies risk alienating their customers. But get it right, and customers will buy more, pay quicker, and be much more satisfied— enhancing their overall experience.
In an ideal world, the collections function wouldn’t exist. There would be no disputes, no delivery issues, and no short payments— customers would pay for goods on receipt and the cash would be automatically allocated. But with new digital channels putting increased focus on the effectiveness of collections, how do companies resolve issues and disputes quickly, enabling timely collection of cash that delivers a positive experience to their individual customers? How do they ensure that their collections function is contributing to top-line growth and improvements in working capital?
Reimagine the future of your C2C operations
Capgemini’s Finance Powered by Intelligent Automation solution puts knowledge, intelligence and analytics at the centre of your credit-to-cash (C2C) process. Our intelligent automation solution leverages emerging technologies to create a platform that enables automated, accurate application of cash at scale at reduced cost. This drives improved customer experience and compliance, enabling you to get better value out of your C2C operations while ensuring the human touch is applied where it can have the most positive effect.
Our combination of automation, know-how and insight underpins your C2C processes to streamline operations and reduce the number of bad payers through identifying changes to your billing, collection, and account strategies. Our solution can also predict which of your customers are likely to default, and recommends proactive measures to prevent it happening.
The components that make up our Finance Powered by Intelligent Automation offering can be used individually or as a suite to deliver enhanced service and outcomes, including:
- A better buying experience—benefit from a collaborative view across your value chain that enables you and your customers to increase sales while optimising inventory holdings.
- An easier payment experience—reap the rewards of a multichannel payment system, combined with our Webcollect tool and customer portal, which enable your customer to interact with you and pay in the most convenient way for them.
- A more satisfying engagement—monitor your customer’s satisfaction after each and every interaction across channels, including SMS, live chat and direct agent interaction at the point of service.
Leverage an “automation first” approach across your C2C operations
Finance Powered by Intelligent Automation leverages Capgemini’s Automation Drive framework to add value to your finance function.
Automation Drive takes an “automation first” approach to understanding technology, and is based on the observation that almost every solution in which artificial intelligence (AI) is involved consists of five elements.
We call these the “Five Senses of Intelligent Automation,” and they are key to how we are reimagining our clients’ finance function:
- WATCH/Monitor—the ability to monitor and record key business data in order to create knowledge.
- TALK/LISTEN/Interact—the ability to interact with end users of the artificially intelligent solution through listening, reading, talking, writing and responding.
- ACT/Service—the use of technology to carry out actions through service.
- THINK/Analyse—the ability to detect patterns, recognise trends and analyse information.
- REMEMBER/Knowledge—the ability to store and find information and knowledge effectively using components such as databases and search engines.
The five senses of C2C
The “Five Senses of Intelligent Automation” are applied to C2C to deliver bestin-class finance operations and enhanced business value across all aspects of the process. Connecting all of the five senses creates the foundation and platform to deliver artificial intelligence, enabling faster decisions on to unlocking the most value from your C2C function.
Re-engineer the current state of your F&A
Capgemini’s ESOAR (Eliminate, Standardise, Optimise, Automate, Robotise) methodology re-engineers your processes and sets the agenda for a holistic approach to transformation of your finance function. This enables you to implement straight-through processing and automated solutions while delivering the best impact and outcomes to your business users.
ESOAR identifies opportunities to eliminate processes up front if necessary, enhances your existing investments in technology and ERP, redirects resources from repetitive tasks towards higher-value business activity, and drives best practice.
It’s not just about technology!
Building an automation-led transformation program is not just about process and technology. Capgemini reviews the impact changing technologies can have on your grade mix and capabilities, which drives change and supports the future of your business. The role of collector is no longer about finding the right resources to handle your high value clients with kid gloves. As automation takes over the basic, repetitive work to optimise collections, most collectors are able to focus on building brand loyalty by leveraging strategic relationships within the customer base to navigate and close those ongoing issues that have traditionally driven customers away.
Our long history and strong reputation in providing F&A services including C2C has already made a significant and positive impact on the bottom line and profitability of our clients. We are proud of the value we continue to deliver to our clients and the results speak for themselves:
- 86% of the total overdue invoices collected by leveraging automation between first and second dunning steps for a global paper company.
- 35% improvement in liquidation within the first 30 days of deployment by implementing RPA and predictive calling software to automate collections voice interaction.
- 87 to 44-day reduction in days payable outstanding (DPO), leading to a 50% increase in royalty report processing speed for the world’s leading media and entertainment company.
- 35% improvement in productivity by implementing RPA to automate manual cash applications activities for a US healthcare provider.
- €95 million reduction of aging and 12-day improvement in days sales outstanding (DSO) by implementing strategic insights for a global CPG client.
- A 52 to 42-day decrease in DSO for the world’s leading media and entertainment company.