Industry: Consumer products
Technology and solutions:
- Business processes covering record to report, order to cash, and design to build
- NetSuite functionality including GL, AP, AR, FA, banking, treasury, order management, inventory management, and more
- The company had inconsistent business processes and tools for handling acquired brands.
- It needed to implement an ERP “light” solution to quickly onboard acquisitions of less than $1 billion to provide a global view and streamline the business processes of acquired brands.
- The goal was a quick cloud-based ERP implementation and modifying the current on-premises SAP system was too costly and would take too long.
- To meet its objectives in the desired timeframe, the company chose NetSuite as its foundational ERP. All new brand acquisitions will be implemented using NetSuite.
- This required a number of partnerships, including NetSuite consulting, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, MuleSoft, Shopify, and DHL.
- Financial process flows were implemented for three newly acquired direct-to-consumer brands.
- The solution uses Restlet integration to transfer data between front-end e-commerce system, DHL, and other ERP systems.
- Brand-specific parameters for the integration were maintained in NetSuite as custom fields outside of the script. This enabled new brand integrations without code changes.
- The environments used included development, testing, UAT, data migration, and production.
- One new division went live after only five months.
- General ledger month-end sales data was generated with script customization using the invoice data in the period.
- An integration was built to send the month-end sales data from NetSuite; this was converted into case quantity before sending it to SAP for consolidation.
- In October 2019, the solution was re-used and implemented for additional acquired brands.
- Capgemini successfully delivered a complex, entirely cloud-based business-transformation solution.
- The solution lowered the total cost of ownership, reduced typical implementation times, and enables future expansion.
- The company can more quickly close month-end processes and report to local authorities.
- Building on the success of this project, the company is considering this model for its B2B customers.
- It is also considering expanding NetSuite functionality to other geographies.
Reach out to us
Thank you for your interest. A team member will reach out to you.
We are sorry, the form submission failed. Please try again.