Optimize the product value chain to achieve incremental economic value from successful products
The pace of technology change has shortened the effective life of released products and pushed the demand for faster introduction of new products. Product companies are often challenged with a product management complexity as they seek to strike a balance between new product development and extending the life of existing but older products. Such distraction in the product management approach leads to inefficiencies across the value chain.
The situation is compounded by rapid technological advancements leading to product complexity, new business models, newer competition and aggressive pricing that place intense pressure on organizations to optimize new product development.
Capgemini’s Lifecycle Engineering services help you to extend the product life, enhance revenue and customer retention by ensuring product longevity and end-of-life support, minimizing total cost of ownership and ensuring compliance.
Our services for sustaining products take into account the comprehensive technical, environmental, and economic impacts of decisions within multiple product lifecycles. Our solutions and assets are designed to address client demands for data-driven experience, to drive additional revenues and to retain customers.
Some of the key sector-specific challenges we help address through Product Lifecycle Engineering:
- Industrial Products: Extend the life of products
- Medical Devices: Comply with global regulatory standards
- Telecom & Technology: Ensure product interoperability
- Capgemini’s Product Lifecycle Engineering services offer end-to-end product engineering aimed at extending the economic value of products.
- Technology enhancements for the legacy products and transforming them through required hardware and firmware upgrades.
- Address the market needs through performance engineering, enhanced features, migration, porting and database upgrade services.
Our Value Proposition:
- Flexible and SLA driven engagement models.
- A well-defined value engineering methodology, VAVE for lifecycle and BoM cost optimization, improved product quality, reliability and performance, and for addressing obsolescence issues.
- Mature sustaining methodology, ITIL v3 compliant sustaining and support processes with readily available tools, templates and checklists.
- Compliance management to address evolving, global regulatory requirements (CE, ATEX, UL, CSA, IEC, RoHS, WEEE, FISMA, FIPS, OWASP, HIPAA, IEEE, ISO standards)
- Deep domain expertise and experience across domains.