If, like me, you spend a significant amount of time on a plane, having a good book ready to go is essential. There were some real stand outs on my reading list this year – both fiction and nonfiction. The Genghis Kahn series (5 books) was extraordinary. Since it’s the time of year where many of us find ourselves with a little extra down time for reading, I thought I would share some of my favorites from 2016.
- The Khan Series: Genghis: Birth of an Empire, Genghis: Bones of the Hills, Genghis: Lords of the Bow, Khan: Empire of Silver, Conqueror (The Khan Dynasty) by Conn Iggulden
- David & Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Red Rising series by Pierce Brown
- How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World by Stephen Johnson
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Sapiens: Brief History of Human Kind by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World by Pedro Domingos
- Born to Run: Mastering the Lost Secrets of Strength and Endurance by Christopher McDougall
What were your favorites this year?