Implementing SAP Technology for E&P Companies in the Mexican Upstream Oil & Gas Market
With the new energy reform, E&P companies are entering the Mexican Upstream Oil & Gas market for the first time to seize the new opportunities and untapped reserves.
The complexity of Mexico’s Upstream Oil & Gas market is driving the need for a scalable solution that positions the company for future growth while addressing Mexico’s regulatory requirements from Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos (CNH), Fondo Mexicano del Petróleo (FMP), and Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT). E&P companies are looking for innovative ways to streamline their business to better evaluate new business ventures, increase their speed to market, and meet Mexico’s strict regulatory requirements. For example, choosing where to invest capital in areas requires the ability to predict future performance based on historical results. Those results across production, maintenance and the supply chain can help to identify sub-par production zones and shift assets to more productive areas that promise a higher return on investment.
SAP technology can deliver these benefits to energy companies operating in high-risk, capital-intensive environments, yet significant time and resources are needed to implement SAP. These E&P companies, new to the Mexican Upstream Oil & Gas market, are looking for a fast, reliable, and fixed price solution that meets their requirements. READYUpstream Mexico provides Upstream Oil & Gas companies a predictable and proven solution built on S/4HANA and industry-leading practices to jumpstart their SAP implementation efforts. This solution is fully operational for the Mexican market and its specific legal, language, and production sharing requirements with Pemex.
Toward a More Agile, Efficient, and Compliant Future
READYUpstream Mexico leverages SAP S/4HANA technology and a pre-configured industry template to
- Streamline business processes
- Increase efficiency
- Achieve higher levels of system integration
- Comply with Mexico’s legal, regulatory, and electronic banking requirements
We use the following baseline components to integrate all areas for upstream oil & gas companies:
- Asset accounting
- Cost accounting and reporting
- Financial accounting and controlling
- Project systems
- Joint venture accounting
- Production sharing accounting
- Materials management
- Plant maintenance
- Increased agility to better respond to market opportunities
- Reduced time and resources required for implementation
- A scalable platform for growth
- Lower overall cost of operations
- Better profitability and performance management
- Maximize cost savings across procurement
- Streamline the process of performing facility repair and maintenance requests
- Full compliance with Mexico specific localizations set by SIPAC, CNH, FMP, and SAT
Unmatched SAP Expertise
READYUpstream Mexico is the only SAP Upstream certified solution implemented in Mexico. We base READYUpstream Mexico’s templates on knowledge gained from our experience implementing the first upstream SAP solution in Mexico following the energy reform and the first upstream S/4 HANA 1610 implementation at the 2nd largest E&P company in Mexico. Our team of subject matter specialist have designed and developed READYUpstream Mexico to fit the industry’s needs with over 40 custom enhancements to manage different variations of the production sharing, profit sharing, and licensing contracts in Mexico.
We are one of the world’s largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators, thanks to more than 40 years of experience and over 17,800 practitioners.
Our strategic SAP implementations have won many awards and certifications:
- 2016 SAP Pinnacle Award Winner for Customer’s Choice in SERVICES category
- 2016 SAP Pinnacle Award Finalist for Customer’s Choice in BUILD category | Customer’s Choice in SELL category | Quality Partner of the Year
- 2016 SAP North America Partner Excellence Award for Industry Services
- READYUpstream 2017-2018 Certification – S4HANA 1610
With Capgemini’s OnePath® model, we can be your one hand to shake for the licensing of SAP S/4HANA, cloud infrastructure, application support and deployment, IT as a service to minimize the initial investment. READYUpstream is the proven, based on industry best practices and SAP certified all-in-one solution for the upstream oil & gas business.