In line with our long-standing tradition, Capgemini FS continues to celebrate World Environment Day with week-long activities. This Environment Week, during June 1 – 4, we are challenging ourselves, our families, colleagues, and friends to increase awareness of our environmental impact.
Each day of the week focuses on a specific action will be aimed at environmental awareness and carbon emissions reduction. Our daily green challenges will help us learn more about sustainability principles and reducing our carbon footprints. Here’s a quick introduction to this year’s activities:
Digital Cleaning e-learning module: Explore digital pollution and master easy steps to reduce your carbon footprints. Bonus – for every completed module during June 1 – 11, we will plant a tree and celebrate our commitment and success.
- Goal: To increase awareness on reducing digital carbon footprint. The 30 minute e-learning explains clearing out the cache on laptops, emptying trash folders, clearing archives, etc.
Repurposing Household Items – Do It Yourself: Check out the DIY videos created by US NA Capgemini Young Professionals to help reduce, reuse, and recycle household items.
- Goal: To increase awareness of ways to creatively reduce waste and repurpose household items.
Zero-wastage Meal Prep: Pro tips to cut down on weekly food costs, wastage, and energy consumption. Try zero-wastage cooking recipes and green meals.
- Goal: To increase knowledge and awareness on sustainable diets and encourage the use of food scraps and green meals, and planned preparation of meals.
Save Energy, Turn Off the Lights Challenge: Use a carbon footprint calculator to learn more about household energy consumption and easy ways to cut back and save energy.
- Goal: To encourage a sustainable household by turning off the lights for an additional two hours a day
Greenscape: Commit to improving the green quotient of your house for a more sustainable environment.
- Goal: To encourage green homes and investing in plants that help clean the air.