Many manufacturers are beginning to embrace digital but only a few are true digital masters with digitized production processes that drive significant gains in productivity, efficiency, and profit. In order to remain competitive, it’s critical that manufacturers fully embrace digital transformation – and fast. For many manufacturers, the journey to digital begins with implementing a predictive asset-maintenance solution.
Shift from a reactive to proactive approach with predictive asset maintenance
Predictive maintenance monitors assets in real time to prevent unplanned downtime. Capgemini’s predictive asset-maintenance solution leverages IoT technology and predictive analytics to monitor equipment parameters such as temperature, pressure, flow rate, and vibration to understand equipment health and predict failures.
With predictive maintenance, organizations can move from a reactive to a proactive approach. Our solution includes:
- Data collection via digital twins that collate and cleanse data from industrial systems and databases
- Data analytics, a robust predictive-analytics framework based on statistical algorithms and machine learning
- Data communication with rich dashboards and proactive alerts for preventive action when a failure is predicted.
With predictive asset maintenance, organizations can move from reactive to predictive maintenance, to ultimately minimize equipment downtime while optimizing equipment efficiency and costs. Benefits include:
- Improved overall equipment effectiveness: Reduction in unplanned downtime leads to increased efficiency, reduced rework, and higher quality
- Reduced maintenance costs: Ability to proactively plan for repairs, detect unnecessary maintenance requirements, and identify optimal reinvestment timelines
- Minimized risk: Sophisticated analytics reduce risk and losses due to downtime, delays, and non-compliance.
Capgemini also leverages pre-configured analytics to accelerate deployment.
Your trusted predictive asset maintenance partner
Capgemini has worked with manufacturing organizations of all types to help jumpstart their digital journeys with predictive asset maintenance. For example, we worked with a large industrial-gases company to implement a solution for the continuous monitoring of compressors to assure equipment availability and better performance. This helped the company proactively schedule maintenance and reduce equipment downtime and maintenance costs.
We are sorry, the form submission failed. Please try again.