Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, is at the forefront of innovation. We think our values are empowering, and we take our guiding principles very seriously. That is why Capgemini fosters a safe and inclusive workplace for individuals to be their best, authentic selves. Looking generally at the work environment across corporate North America, there are some serious deficiencies:
- 1 in 4 LGBTQIA+ employees reported hearing derogatory or negative comments at work¹
- 23% fear they might not be offered development or advancement opportunities²
- Of closeted employees, 31% fear losing connections with coworkers²
- 67% of LGBT employees do not report anti-LGBT remarks to human resources or management³
By understanding the statistics, Capgemini strives to provide a space for education and awareness by supporting the professional growth of the LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Allies) community through events, the availability of inclusive benefits and Employee Resource Groups.
Capgemini’s Employee Resource Group, OUTfront, passionately and actively advocates for diversity initiatives within the LGBTQIA+ community. The initiatives are designed to develop an internal culture of LGBTQIA+ inclusion and awareness through educational content in support of an open-minded working environment.
OUTfront also cultivates leadership opportunities in collaboration with our Human Resource and Diversity & Inclusion teams to garner professional success of our LGBTQIA+ employees. Allies, friends, leaders and those who identify as LGBTQIA+ are welcome to join OUTfront and participate in the local office’s events!
Capgemini has been globally recognized for our LGBTQIA+ inclusion initiatives:
- Capgemini USA received a perfect score (100) for one of the best places to work for LGBTQIA+ workplace equality by the Human Rights Campaign
- Capgemini United Kingdom is recognized as one of the Stonewall Top 100 companies
- Capgemini Canada won the award for Top Diverse Company in 2018
All benefits listed below are available to any employee eligible for Capgemini North America benefits plan.
- Inclusive same-sex spousal and domestic partner benefits
- Inclusive family formation benefits, including adoption
- Employee support systems for HIV-related needs and coverage
- Inclusive health insurance plan that explicitly affirms coverage for the medically necessary health care services that transgender people may need, including transition-related treatment or surgeries and mental health coaching
- Health plan is implemented in a manner consistent with the World Professional for Transgender Health Standards of Care
- New hires and managers are required to attend training that clearly states Capgemini’s non-discrimination policy that includes gender identity and sexual orientation through scenarios and policies for each
- Capgemini recognizes OUTfront as the official LGBTQIA+ employee resource group with an openly LGBTQIA+ senior executive sponsor
Our Next Steps:
Capgemini will be marching in the NYC Pride Parade, celebrating WorldPride for the first time in the United States, on June 30th, 2019. This is an event that marks the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising and a half-century of LGBTQIA+ liberation.
Capgemini’s involvement for World Pride includes:
³Compiled by a Capgemini Employee Survey
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.