A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Title: Teradata DBA/Lead Developer
- TERADATA DBA or Lead Developer with excellent skill in development and maintenance of SQL applications scripts queries and VIEW creation and modification
- Performance tuning including collecting statistics analyzing explains determining which tables needed statistics
- Good understanding of UDF s
- Creating and modifying Database Objects
- Experienced using FASTEXPORT and FASTLOAD utilities
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and development using BTEQ FASTEXPORT MULTI LOAD FASTLOAD INFORMATICA AB INITIO and other tools
- Ability to understand and map data flows and data lineage
- Expertise in the Teradata cost based query optimizer Using Microsoft Excel as a client for accessing data on Teradata databases
- Candidate must Be able to work under minimal supervision a self-starter and lead aspects of project work as needed
- Have excellent demonstrated written and spoken communication organizational analytical and problem solving skills
- Have excellent team collaboration skills
- Ability to optimize queries identify potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing skewed redistributions join order optimizer statistics physical design considerations PI and USI and NUSI and AJI etc.
- In depth knowledge of TERADATA EXPLAIN and VISUAL EXPLAIN to analyze and improve query performance
- Knowledge of Teradata Database Information Security Controls for managing protecting and auditing access to data
- Experience with VOLTAGE PROTEGRITY or VORMETRIC in database column level ENCRYPTION solutions on Teradata
- Knowledge of DATAGUISE
- Knowledge of Teradata authentication mechanisms
- Financial Services, Banking, Data Analysis and Data Protection experience a plus especially if on Teradata