With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Title: Java AWS Developer
Location: Malvern, PA
Full Time with Benefits
• Provides system analysis, design, development, and implementation of UI applications for WEB based software.
• Develops code that reuses objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
• Writes programs and reports.
• Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support when needed. Submits change control requests and documents.
• Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
• Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition, e.g. prototyping. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation and analysis.
• Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers with test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
• Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
• Ensures developed code is optimized in order to meet performance specifications associated with page rendering time by completing page performance tests.
• Develops understanding of client business functions and technology needs. Develops understanding of tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with the business areas and other systems.
• Strong with java software design principles and patterns
• Spring Boot
• Experience with the NGA Bamboo build pipeline is a plus, but not required
• Strong unit test, cucumber skills
• Experience with REST Service calls
• Experience with developing Java REST services – Spring Boot; Microservice architecture
• Experience with test automation and test driven development practices and frameworks – mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
• Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines – Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, GIT, etc
• Experience with API management platforms, design standards, and patterns is a preferred
• Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering standard methodologies is a plus
• Knowledge of cloud data stores – S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
• Developing User Interface JAVA applications in a J2EE based application server development environment
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law