Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role – Scrum Master
Location – Chicago, IL/Atlanta, GA/ NYC, NY/Jersey City, NJ/ Dallas, TX
Position – Full Time
Job Description :
• Scrum master is responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
• Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
• Should be a friendly communicative person, because when team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
• Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
• Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. He knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
• Should be a good coach in Agile practices. S/he can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
• Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to shield his team from outside distractions and interferences.
• Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
• Ability to track and remove impediments.
• Scrum master is a servant first, who serves his team members before considering about himself
Duties of Scrum Master
• Facilitate his team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
• Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
• Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
• Arranged daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
• Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
• Responsible to Conduct retrospective meetings.
• Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting.
• Acts as safeguard for his team.
• Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban.
• Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
• Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
• Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
• Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
• Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs.
• He should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Ability to take and understand his commitment to deliver the product on time.
• Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
• Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
• Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
• Demonstrable experience of Scrum Management
• Agile Experience
• Planning Experience
• Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
• JIRA/Confluence experience
• Ideally Mortgage Experience
• 5yrs + Scrum Master experience in any well-known software environment.
• Having 2 years’ minimum experience in Accounting, Taxation and Payroll / HR.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.