Senior Data Engineer
Full-Time position with Benefits
Currently Remote / Charlotte, NC (post- pandemic)
- 5 years of Python experience and 7 experience of development
- Senior Data Engineer is responsible to provide application design guidance and consultation utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology tools and existing design
- Candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams
- The incumbent should be an experienced data analyst, data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys analyzing data building and optimizing data systems from the ground up
- Their duties include solution design development and may include ongoing operational support of the code line
- End to end ownership of ETL data pipelines from ingestion of data to consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics teams
- Design and build an automated self-service data platform freeing teams to focus on customer features and analysis
- Evolve existing tools and framework to support new scalability requirements as well new functionality as needed
- Identify and drive new solutions to enhance the development cycle to increase development productivity
- Work with product owners to identify and mature upcoming business needs and develop technical backlog to answer those needs in a timely manner
- Deep experience designing and implementing highly scalable distributed application systems
- 5 years experience programming in Python
- 3 years experience programming in Java
- Extensive knowledge in fine tuning SQL understanding optimizers and execution plans
- Extensive experience architecting complex data models to handle millions of transactions
- Experience in application design and Implementation using agile practices
- TDD Experience leveraging open source data infrastructure projects such as Apache, Spark, Kafka, Flink
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and release management
- Past experience integrating with Oracle Microsoft SQL Server
Nice to Have
- Banking /Finance Industry Experience
- 5 years experience building data pipelines
Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, MIS or related field or equivalent experience
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.