The NA Insights & Data (I&D) Project Manager is responsible for leading either a single project or a definable segment of a complex program. Clients may be external or internal.
• Directs and manages project development from beginning to end, ensuring project commitments are met on time and within budget, ultimately focused on driving the initiative through to final delivery.
• Defines project scope, staffing plans, budget forecasts and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Considers ‘the bigger picture’ when making decisions.
• Manages the project teams, plans activities and monitors progress, and ensures all project deliverables are provided using best practices and are of an appropriate quality.
• Has very strong communication skills (all types) to lead and influence project teams and clients.
Technology Experience Desired:
• Hands-on delivery experience related to various I&D technologies; such as big data, data migration/ingestion, reporting & visualization, Azure or AWS cloud services, SAP/S4 HANA, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
• Background in development, technical lead or solution architecture to lead complex I&D projects.
• Ability to conduct technical analysis of the solution and speak technically to teams and clients.
• Experience in modern fast-paced delivery methods, Agile delivery methodology and managing distributed delivery across on/offshore is required.
• Manages a number of workstreams and activities to achieve the desired business result, deliverables in an agreed schedule according to scope, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction.
• Responsible for and leads the translation of the client’s complex business requirements into formal agreements establishing specific solutions, applications or processes, leading others in the initiating, planning, controlling, executing and delivering of the client’s solution, and ultimately culminating in customer acceptance of the results.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor or master’s degree, 5+ Years of Experience in hands-on delivery for technical projects;
• Minimum 2 years project management experience, including interactions with customers
• Should be experienced in Negotiation, Vendor Management, Risk Management, Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Excellent analytical & technical skills, strong leadership skills; planning and organizational skills;
• Good interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, must be able to motivate team members in challenging environment;
• Must be able to demonstrate a level maturity while under constant pressure from the business and technology community;
• Must have experience with Project Management Tools like MS Projects and MS Office;
• Strong organizational skills required; including good time management skills, ability and comfort interacting with all levels of management.
• Constantly strives to improve processes and practices
• Considers ‘the bigger picture’ when making decisions
• Leads and motivates multi-functional teams in dispersed or complex environments
• Anticipate client’s needs and internal/external business issues, investigates underlying causes and identifies short- and long-term solutions
• Understands the needs of the client and balances with those of Capgemini to lead to win-win situations
• Interprets business strategy for deployment within own area, setting clear aims and objectives with clarity of delivery accountability
• Has stature and capability to articulate the vision
• Has operational/delivery excellence
• Ability to take control of difficult situations as they arise and maintain client respect
• Develops the critical path criteria for large parts of the project, prioritizes agendas and leads meetings
• Ability to identify specific implementation risks and lead solutions
• Undertakes detailed data analysis in regard to quality and root cause analysis
• As part of day to day service delivery ensures that the Quality Management requirements of the contract are met
• Ability to drive projects and initiatives from conception through to implementation
• Manages last minute changes calmly and professionally
• Demonstrates a management style that balances business & people management objectives
Leadership – ability to lead, motivate and develop a professional team;
Communication – ability to communicate with and influence the Program teams;
Analysis – able to interpret business impacts from data;
Process & Compliance Orientation – defines and upholds the standards used to manage the Project Portfolio. Continually looks for improvement opportunities;
Relationship Management – establishes & maintains sound relationships with all stakeholders.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.