Locations: New York, NY, Boston, MA, Washington DC or Philadelphia, PA
Workplace Type: Hybrid
The Public Relations/Social Media Manager for the Financial Services SBU works with the Global Director of Communications to develop and implement a clear and effective media relations and social media strategy for global programs that strengthen our reputation in the FS marketplace. S/he will work with colleagues in FS industry marketing (banking and insurance), marketing services and in some cases, FS country marketers to promote our thought leadership, SMEs and key executives. S/he will also work closely with our media relations agency and corporate communications team to support media outreach activities that increase brand visibility, thought leadership promotion and executive positioning.
- Manage media relations and work closely with the PR agency to help ensure targets are exceeded and share of voice is increased compared to key competitors, on time and on budget
- Think and write creatively about industry issues in a variety of media, including, but not limited to, press releases, briefing documents and blog posts
- Monitor media, competitors and issues that are key to marketing and communications programs
- Measure and analyze qualitative and quantitative media and social media impact, working with the agency and a third-party service
- Collaborate with Capgemini marketers on effective ways/story angles to promote thought leadership and marketing content to enhance campaign effectiveness
- 4-6 years’ experience within PR or related fields.
- Ability to translate complex messages into compelling stories that will resonate with the media and on social channels.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter who can balance multiple priorities simultaneously, able to work to tight deadlines, establish clear priorities and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in FS or the tech consulting industry preferred.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApplicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.