Job Title: DBA Developer
Location: New York, NY
- Maintain upgrade improve and design our SQL Databases Identify areas of opportunity and improve current operational processes
- Lead the implementation of security hardening and auditing of all SQL Server instances across the enterprise
- Enhance data interactions by optimizing queries creating indexes and data structure
- Ensuring the availability of development test prod environments and subsequently automating deploying solutions into these environments
- Analyze large complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks application bugs and opportunities to improve efficiency
- Baseline system performance and monitor for deviation recommending and implementing improvements to slow running queries
- Documents database architecture configuration settings baseline performance metrics and planned and unplanned outages Test and configure database backups to meet the business
- Recovery Point Objectives RPO and Recovery Time Objectives RTO
- Responsible for setting up and scheduling various SQL Server Agent jobs
- Responsible for configuring Microsoft clustering of SQL databases Always ON high availability solutions
- Proactively validates and monitors storage and SQL Server performance
- Strong candidates may also have experience in one or more of the following MongoDB AWS Kubernetes ECS Docker auto scaling pub sub architectures and serverless databases
Required skills and attributes
- Bachelors Masters in Computer Science
- 5 years of SQL Server DBA experience
- 5 years of proven track record with MS SQL Server architecture replication sharding monitoring troubleshooting and backups
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.