A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate). Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Assistant General Counsel
Job Location: Rosemont, IL 60018
Job Type: Full Time
Capgemini’s Financial Services business unit has an immediate opening for an in-house attorney.
- Candidates should have 5+ years of information technology-related commercial law experience in a leading law firm or in-house legal department.
- The attorney will be involved in advising on various commercial matters, primarily involving IT services transactions with our financial services clients in the insurance, banking and capital markets industries.
- This position requires the ability to draft, negotiate and manage deals independently.
- Candidates must have experience with services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, outsourcing agreements, software licenses, alliance agreements, subcontractor agreements, and various other documents related to IT services transactions.
- Candidates should possess excellent legal and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks (prioritizing as necessary), have a strong work ethic and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The attorney would be expected to work directly with executives and senior members of the FS business unit and to provide legal counseling on an as needed basis.
- Experience in commercial law and contract negotiations in an information technology industry is required.
- An intellectual property background is desirable.
- The preferred job location is Rosemont, Illinois, but we are open to working from other locations or remotely.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law