Role Title: Commercial and Contract Manager
Note: This person be based anywhere in the United states. Approximate travel around be around 25% (Post Covid19).
Duration:- Full time with benefits
Main Purpose of this Role:
Partnering with a variety of stakeholders such as Account Management, Solution, Legal, and Finance, the Commercial and Contract Manager will be responsible for ensuring that risks and commercial best practices are taken into account throughout the sales cycle and applied to service delivery. The three key areas of responsibility are:
- Pre-sales shaping
- Negotiation with the client
- Contract compliance and optimization
- Is instrumental in developing appropriate commercial solutions for the Account, aiming at increasing revenue/margin or reducing costs, while:
- considering issues related to Sales, Delivery, Legal, Finance and Risk
- leveraging offshore capabilities
- maximizing the use of tools
- Takes the lead and/or strongly supports deal shaping and negotiation strategy including ongoing status monitoring as the negotiation progresses
- Ensures that Services requirements are addressed appropriately to achieve Group approval of deals
- Aims at becoming the single point of contact (both internally and for the client) for all contractual matters related to the assigned account(s)
- Provides commercial handover from pre-sale to post-sale teams, as well as guidance and training
- Helps resolve disagreements and disputes to avoid escalation and, where required, manages litigation actions
- In post signature:
- ensures the delivery team understands the contractual obligations and provides advice and guidance to the team on all matters relating to the contract
- ensures that contractual obligations are fulfilled such that revenue and margin are maximized and that costs are reduced
- participates in service reviews
- re-negotiates extensions and changes to the contract.
- Generally, develops strong relationships internally and with the Client, and contributes to developing the CCM function and best practices within Capgemini.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience (pre and post) as a Commercial and Contract Manager, including management of IT contracts for application services, implementation services and hosting services.
- Can demonstrate detailed understanding of key legal and commercial principles and obligations found in IT contracts, especially as regards to third party software and service level agreements
- Experience of vendor management and client facing negotiation at senior level
- Drafting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and willing to build good and sustainable relationships with teams and clients
- Proactive and “on the ground”
- Strong numeracy and understanding of finances
- Experience and knowledge of Agile contracting
- Experience and knowledge of Data Protection (i.e. GDPR) regulations
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in dispute management
- Exposure to banking and/or insurance industry
- Strong Negotiation experience and skills
- IACCM Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.