A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate). Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Job Location: Wilmington, DE
Job Type: Full Time
- Extensive experience in Hadoop/Spark development
- Hands on knowledge of Kafka, Flume, Hive, Spark, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, Hbase, YARN, Zookeeper, Java, Scala, Python and HUE
- Expert level SQL knowledge and experience with a relational database and Hadoop Security: AD, Kerberos, Sentry
- Experience with Spark Streaming and Kafka in large scale enterprise environment is highly desired
- Experience of implementing data security capabilities such as tokenization, encryption, anonymisation etc.
- Be well organized with a healthy sense of delivery, and able to set, communicate, and meet deadlines and milestones
- Excellent communication skills and experience of distributed global teams with Solid grounding in Financial Service
- Pre and post installation of Hadoop software.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law