Business Technology – Management Consultant – Cloud Architecture
As the digital innovation, consulting, and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science, and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 300,000 + team members in over 44 countries.
The focus of your role
The focus of your role, as a Cloud Architecture Consultant, will be working in a strategy design and implementation team to define visionary and implementable Cloud solutions for our clients. You will work on new or existing IT services that needs innovative solutions and potentially radical transformation to provide end-to-end (from strategy to execution) service to our customers.
Often both the delivery approach (customer-centric and agile) and technical solutions need to be proven and will require clear leadership to work collaboratively with our clients to achieve their outcome. Your work will include the design of the end-to-end solution, mapping the underlying capabilities needed to build the solution, to ensure the solution meets the required architecture standards, patterns or blue-prints and to provide the necessary technical support to the scrum teams and product design team to develop the solution.
An additional aspect of your role will be to prove the value of new propositions and solutions to our clients through prototyping, technical feasibility assessment and piloting. Working with Cloud-based solutions to quickly implement MVPs or Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to prove the value of specific aspects of a solution to our clients.
What you’ll do
Work with CIOs, CDOs, CTOs, EAs and other Senior Client Stakeholders to develop Cloud strategies and industry-specific target architectures
Create roadmaps, plans and cases for change with clients
Work across complex businesses on large scale cloud transformations and ensure alignment to enterprise and cloud strategies
Provide leadership, designing solutions, ensuring quality outcomes and overseeing the development and execution of projects across a client's portfolio
Collaborate with Cloud Strategy/Advisory and other Invent consultants in the design and implementation of Cloud Operating Models
Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand their business and technology needs, often acting as an evangelist, mediator or thought leader
Lead the technical design process coordinating the various stakeholders towards an agreed solution
Provide support to program managers and accounts through developing estimates, and dependencies to meet program outcomes
Work with Account Executives to identify and develop opportunities
Work with other Capgemini, Vendor and Account experts at a global and local level
Drive proactive client proposals and RFP responses from initial brief to final presentations
Develop client relationships to identify and qualify sales opportunities
Proactively leverage personal business relationships to start conversations with new clients or buying centers
Build network within the Capgemini group and educate other Business Units about Business Technology’s Cloud capability offerings to support sales
Nurture relationships on existing accounts
Be a key member of the Cloud capability within Business Technology, visible and connected to the global Cloud capability Business Technology practice
Help to hire, integrate, coach, support and grow new team members
Develop innovative Cloud assets, including differentiated points of view, thought leadership, and methodologies
What you'll bring
Must have experience of delivering Digital Solutions on one or more cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP). Ideally as a Solution Architect or Lead Developer starting to move into a strategic Enterprise Architecture Role
A strong understanding of business processes that support the transformation to the cloud and ability to articulate the “from” and “to” vision and benefits of going to the cloud
Comfortable working in an Agile Environment balancing time-to-value and iterative delivery with governance and control processes
A good understanding of Cloud Services and Solution Components covering PaaS, SaaS, Serverless Computing and Micro-service based solution
Ability to communicate on a Business and Technical level bringing solutions to life for a range of stakeholders
Ability to design an end to end solution that is cost effective, increases digital footprint, increases completion rates of a transaction, understand user centric design, meets business KPIs and user satisfaction
Understanding of the current and future technology trends. You must have worked in delivering digital applications or services, DevOps and waterfall environments before and knows the challenges to bring the best of old and new world
Your benefits – What you’ll get
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate
Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment
Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be
Keep on learning: Use the transparent career prospects and further training opportunities within a global network of experts
Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality
Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact
Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged
Be part of an international community: Innovative projects and international teams are waiting for you
Experience more than just a company: Long-standing corporate culture based on clear values to make you feel comfortable
Find a place to stay long-term: Sustainable and flexible work-life balance models to meet your situation in life
Key Responsibilities of a Managing Consultant or Senior Manager
Strong core consulting skills, including: meeting and workshop development and management, deck writing, storyboarding, inductive/ deductive reasoning, client interviewing, issue analysis, data analysis, process design, and change management.
Strong design thinking skills including: application of conceptual modeling and visualization to problem and solution definition; knowledge of empathy mapping, journey mapping and quantitative and qualitative research methods for developing compelling customer insights; and iterative concept testing.
- Assessing clients' problems critically, structuring analyses, applying analytical frameworks, and conceptualizing strategy development
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of industry landscape and trends
- Supporting internal practice development and business development activities
- Accountable for ensuring successful project delivery in concert with the delivery executive, including:
- Driving completion of services and deliverables, meeting or exceeding clients’ expectations of speed, quality, and budget
- Completing status reports
- Maintaining financials
- Leading client communication
- Onboarding and evaluating team resources
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Collaborate with team and clients to define long-term vision, goals, and strategies
- Demonstrate strong consulting and advisory skillset including analytical capabilities, ability to synthesize content and translate it into sound recommendations and deliverables
- Lead or be a team member on transformation projects with large client organizations
- Accountable for ensuring the accurate reporting of personal and project team productivity (e.g., utilization rates)
- Simplify and bring clarity to challenging situations, models, and issues to create structured actions and recommendations
- Test and present insights and recommendations to clients
- Demonstrate ability to drive blended teams of management consultants, junior team members, technology specialists, data analysts, and implementation specialists to deliver according to plan (schedule, scope, quality, and budget)
- Mentor and coach others to deliver quality results and promote others' professional development
- Demonstrate proficiency with appropriate tools for the analysis of data (e.g., Excel) and the communication of insights and recommendations (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
About Your Career
Our growth ambition and collaborative work approach with clients combine to create a business culture that allows new consultants to dive right in and become an integral part of the team. The entrepreneurial working style and size of our practice will enable you to create a name for yourself, shine early on, and have a significant impact on our clients and our company.
We offer countless opportunities to learn, grow, and develop both your business technology expertise and your leadership capabilities. Please visit our website at: capgemini.com/service/invent/ for more information about Capgemini Invent.
About Capgemini Invent
As the innovation and transformation powerhouse of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs navigate today while plotting a course for the future. Located in offices and creative studios around the world, including brands like frog, Cambridge Consultants, Synapse and Purpose, its 9,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights. We invent futures that are relevant, resilient, and sustainable for society, for businesses and the customers they serve.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms.
Get The Future You Want
Visit us at www.capgemini.com/invent
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- An appropriate BA or BS degree (or equivalent) is required, and an advanced degree such as an MBA or related degree from a top tier program is preferred.
- Proven track record of success over at least 8-10 years
- Experience in managing sales and delivery of strategy consulting projects across multiple projects and clients preferred
- Experience managing and leading internal teams
- Other Requirements:
- Reside within or be able to relocate to one of the four Capgemini Invent locations listed above
- Willingness to travel frequently, up to 85% as necessary
- Strong personal and professional values; entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong presence with good relationship-building and interpersonal/people management skills
- Possession of established network of industry contacts
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. in an unrestricted manner that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa
Qualifications for Role:
An ideal candidate is motivated to deliver high-quality work to drive customer satisfaction. This person uses their intellect, insight, and ability to build creative solutions with clients and colleagues while embracing a collaborative mindset. Key qualifications include:
- Demonstrate ability to drive blended teams of management consultants, experience designers, technology, data strategists, and implementation specialists to deliver according to plan (scope, quality and time).
- Mentor and coach others to deliver quality results and promote others' professional development.
- Contribute to the design of new digital capabilities, business processes, organizational designs, governance structures and measurement programs required to execute future state experiences and digital customer engagement strategies.
- Simplify and bring clarity to challenging situations, models and issues to create structured actions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop client relationships, identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Works well in a fast-growing environment with the ability to deliver on time
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Highly structured and conceptual mindset coupled with strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving aptitude
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills within a team environment