Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Job Title: Infrastructure Consultant 2
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the Platform infrastructure
• Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production systems
• Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
• Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement any scalable software services
• Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
• Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company
• Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
• Recommend process and architecture improvements.
• Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
• Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company’ s services and products
Primary Skill and Experience Requirements
· Over 5 + years of experience as System/Platform Engineer , 3+ Years of experience managing/supporting Applications on Linux VMs or on AWS
· A solid background in managing Application Platform on Linux/Unix servers.
· Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Chef, GitHub and Jenkins
· An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
· Knowledge of one or more of the most-used programming languages (Java, Python)
· Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
· Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
· Ability to be a excellent team player
· Ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Automation 1st approach
· Experience integrating with observability tooling such as ServiceNow, Newrelic is plus
· Experience designing and building environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3 is plus
Additional Skills/ Areas to build:
Kafka, Apigee platform, IBM MQ, IBM Sterling B2Bi Managed file transfer (MFT), Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Tanzu PAS)
What You Bring:
Linux Platform, DevOps, Kafka, Apigee platform, IBM MQ, IBM Sterling B2Bi Managed file transfer (MFT), Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Tanzu PAS)
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law