Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Infrastructure Services:
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Global Business Line is Capgemini's consulting and infrastructure build-and-run provisioning offering and supports the group's cloud-based services. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud services to build and support the hybrid cloud estate by encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services helps clients virtualize and optimize their IT estates through infrastructure outsourcing services such as data center, helpdesk, network support, and service integration and service maintenance support. Our other services also include infrastructure transformation services-helping clients consolidate and migrate entire workloads and data centers.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Job Title: Managing Delivery Architect – Data Center Transformation Architect
In this role, you will work with the Sales team to introduce data center transformation concepts to our customers. You will help identify, qualify and develop solutions for existing and new customers. You will work closely with Capgemini’s internal organizations to drive cloud and infrastructure deals, identifying solutions and architectures to solve our customers’ complex business and technology problems. Your deep skills in applying current and next generation technologies will drive financial benefits for our customers, keeping them at pace, or ahead of their competition, and pave the way for them to leave behind legacy, burdensome IT debt, and transform their IT organization into an agile and forward-thinking enabler of business change. You will develop services solutions for our Fortune 1000 customer-base, and bring together Capgemini’s vast echo-system of OEM partners in hardware, software and services, to design, plan, execute and manage some of the most exciting next-generation on-premise, hybrid and cloud technologies that can reach from coast-to-coast, and across the world.
- Provide solution and service engineering activities, i.e. proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement as participant in Business Development life cycle
- Support emerging solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities
- Develop data center optimization, revitalization and transformation solutions to modernize legacy and end of life infrastructure
- Provide expert technical enterprise architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve compute platforms (mainframe, midrange, wintel), storage, virtualization, software defined data center, hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), software defined WAN and LAN networking, cloud infrastructure, data center management, operations and security
- Maintain technical credibility within the industry and your field of expertise through demonstration of thought leadership. This includes participating in delivering technical enablement web conferences and training sessions and enabling technologies and company’s industry conferences and events.
- Develop and release of sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including sales bid support, deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures.
- Close collaboration with geo-dispersed global business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations to design, develop, validate, and release sales, technical, and service delivery collateral
- Create technology roadmaps to enable our clients to enable cloud journeys while balancing the need to manage current financial and operation process investments
- Work closely with Capgemini’s global Centers of Excellence to devise, revise, manage and modernize our solution portfolios to solve emerging technology problem and identify areas for our global delivery center leaders to upskill and modernize the way we execute or project delivery framework
- Develop relationships with key client stakeholders, developing trusted advisor relationships and growing Capgemini’s infrastructure portfolio of business
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or 12+ years experience in related discipline.
- Experience selling to CxO and VP-level clients
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience managing/architecting technical solutions.
- 5+ years of Pre-sales and pursuit life cycle exposure with professional services sales valued above $1MM minimum
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with virtualization or cloud architecture in customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with workload migrations, analyzing factors such as scalability, complexity, disaster recovery, and high availability.
- Familiarity with VMware and Hyper-V virtualization platform
- Knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, CaaS, PaaS, containers, automation and orchestration
- Experience with medium to complex costing and proposal response.
- Familiarity with business case development, financial modeling, asset depreciation
- Understanding of application and infrastructure dependency modeling, migration strategies and cost-benefit trade offs
- Knowledge of Project Management fundamentals, client engagement management, risk management, change management, budgeting and staffing management
- Experience with collateral authoring.
- Experience with internal and external documentation written to varying levels of business and technical oriented audiences.
- Ability to reconcile their position and expert depth of knowledge with the business need for inter and intra-org synergy.
- Passion for learning, teamwork, and helping others.
- Solid practical understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN), and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated. Individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of VMware Cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 10+ years Global System Integrator or Value Added Reseller technical pre-sales experience
- Experience presenting at regional or global conferences
- Authoring and published technology blogs, vlogs and articles