Microsoft Azure Cloud Native Architect
Role and Responsibilities Description
• Consult with Capgemini clients to build and architect new solutions and scaling their adoption of Microsoft Azure.
• Review and evaluate architectures of existing systems and software products to identify reuse and platforming opportunities as well as refactoring opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to the teams in the implementation of established architectures and designs.
• Mentor and coach architects and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed.
• Establish and enforce quality standards for cloud software architectures.
• Drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and Capgemini sales team.
• Own the Azure technical customer engagement including developing the architectural design on specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and Cloud solution architecture components of customer facing contract bid responses.
• Required: Azure Architecture and design patterns, Domain driven architecture, Microservices architecture, Azure native application development, Azure cloud native Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs, MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, Azure Monitoring and application insights
• Preferred: Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure Storage, Networking and Security Solutions, ARM Templates, JSON scripting, Windows and/or Linux administration, Azure App Services, Orchestration, Kubernetes, and Containers (Docker)
• Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Terraform, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet is preferred
• Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: PowerShell, Bash, .Net, .Net Core, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails is preferred
• Deep technical experience in cloud application solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management) and building resilient, scalable multi-site architectures
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Exceptional verbal and written communication Certifications
• Experience as a team lead in consultative role on customer engagements involving software application projects
• 3+ years senior level support with cloud infrastructure as part of responsibilities
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support team
• MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate
• Architect Exam priorities: Architecting Azure Solutions 70-534, AZ – 300 & AZ – 301, 70-533, AZ – 100 & 101 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions, AZ – 203, 70-532 Developing Azure Solutions
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Enterprise Architects define and ensure a comprehensive and coherent view across Business, Information, Systems and Technology. They go beyond designing IT systems to deliver business change, which may also be supported and enabled by IT. Enterprise Architects define services from a business perspective, both with and without automation. They make an initial grouping of services in components, using principles based on objectives and constraints. They have deep business and industry expertise, are familiar with industry standards, and can work at the boardroom and senior management level.
Required Skills and Experience:
You design and manage complete enterprise solutions. You demonstrate leadership of topics in the architect community and show a passion for technology and business acumen. You work as a stream lead at CIO/CTO level in a major client organization. You lead Capgemini operations relating to market development and/or service delivery excellence. You are seen as a role model in the community.
• Qualification: 9-13 years (3 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Has TOGAF 9 and has IAF level 1 and is seeking level 2.
• Should be master in Functional Architecture Design.
• Should have experience in Business Knowledge, Integration & Orchestration, Technical Solution Design, Risk & Quality Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis & Software Engineering.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.