We give our people the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities in partnership with local organizations based in the communities in which they live and work.
Helping Young Professionals Realize their Potential in France
In France, Capgemini and Sogeti partner with an organization called “Nos Quartiers ont des Talents”, which helps young graduates from disadvantaged areas find gainful employment. Approximately 30 Sogeti employees, some of whom are members of the executive committee, mentor graduates each year.
Creating Sustainable Futures in the UK
In the UK, Capgemini is a leading member of Business in the Community (BITC), a business-led charity working with companies to improve their business performance while creating a sustainable future for people and the planet.
Elsewhere Around Europe
- Capgemini Germany contributes to local volunteering opportunities such as painting a kindergarten, helping children obtain computer literacy certification and counseling for people experiencing long-term unemployment
- Capgemini Poland participates in Project Theater which stages plays to raise funds for the Siemacha association, an organization dedicated to providing education and medical services to youth across the country
- Capgemini Italy recently won an award for the first aid course it developed in partnership with the Red Cross
- Capgemini Spain partnered with the Casa Nostra Foundation to paint rooms and refurbish a garden with disabled residents as part of 2013 Abilities Day
Improving the Lives of Underprivileged People in India
Capgemini Philippines: small community, big difference
Following the super typhoon that affected 9.5 million people in November 2013, Capgemini Philippines employees set up a donation drive within days. Colleagues readily provided cash or in-kind donations, including canned goods, clothing and medicine.
Transforming Public Schools in the United States
Our teams in the US have an active community program. For example, in New York, a group of Capgemini employees volunteered for New York Cares. They rolled up their sleeves to help transform public schools by painting, gardening, cleaning and organizing materials.
Mobilizing our Efforts for a Big Impact
We apply Capgemini’s core values of freedom and respect in our communities by encouraging and enabling local teams to support the causes that inspire them. In recent years, our employees have aided their communities to:
- Build classrooms for children with Down’s syndrome in Guatemala
- Support urgent relief efforts for earthquake victims in Chile, as well as flood victims in Queensland Australia and Northern Brazil
- Organize charity, sporting and cultural events across North America with the help of the United Way