The 9th edition of the Asia-Pacific Wealth Report explores wealth trends in 11 Asian markets
The Asia-Pacific region registered world-leading levels of High Net Worth Individual (HNWI) population and wealth growth in 2013 with no signs of slowing down. According to the Asia-Pacific Wealth Report, the region’s population of HNWIs grew 17% to 4.3 million, while their wealth grew 18% to reach US$14.2 trillion, compared to growth rates of 13% and 12% respectively in the rest of the world.
Dig deep into the report findings with the Asia-Pacific Wealth Report interactive website. There you can find:
- A clickable map displaying HNWI population and wealth among the top 11 countries in Asia from 2009 to 2013
- Nine different graph types covering HNWI market sizing and HNW Insights Survey data at the global, region and country level
- Customizable Build Your View which lets you create and share graphs with any mix of available data, locations or year
- Archive of Asia-Pacific Wealth Reports from 2010 to 2013
- Insights into Asia-Pacific HNWI behaviors with a focus on digital preferences and social impact
Japan and China Lead the Way in HNWI Population and Wealth Growth
Japan and China, which hold over two thirds of Asia-Pacific’s HNWI population, drove 85% of the HNWI population growth in 2013, increasing their number of HNWIs by 22% and 18% respectively to reach 2.3 million and 758,000. HNWI wealth increased at the region’s highest rates of 24% to US$ 5.5 trillion for Japan, and 20% to US$ 3.8 trillion for China.
The report explores how Asia-Pacific’s ultra-HNWIs grew their wealth at about twice the rate of their peers in the rest of the world, both in 2013 (20% vs. 10%) and in the five-year period from 2008-2013 (average annual growth rate of 17% vs. 8%).
For the Complete Story on Global Wealth Trends
- Explore trends for the Top 12 U.S. Metro Areas with the U.S. Wealth Report
- Gain insights into global HNWI behavior, population and wealth with the World Wealth Report
- Explore RBC Wealth Management
- Learn more about Capgemini's wealth management solutions
® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under license.
Source: Capgemini, RBC Wealth Management and Scorpio Partnership Global HNW Insights 2014.